Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

"A helicopter" still has disaster written all over it. This one has more. So much more.

I presume the four blade-systems are counter-rotational, but in a real counter-rotation helicopter (like the Russian Alligator or whatever that badass thing is called), there is only one set of grossly complex things that have to constantly go right.

This has four.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 11, 2016, 05:48:31 PM
"A helicopter" still has disaster written all over it. This one has more. So much more.

I presume the four blade-systems are counter-rotational, but in a real counter-rotation helicopter (like the Russian Alligator or whatever that badass thing is called), there is only one set of grossly complex things that have to constantly go right.

This has four.

And let's not forget that first class Chinese workmanship!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

LongBlade

Quote from: panzerde on January 11, 2016, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 11, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

This has four.

And let's not forget that first class Chinese workmanship!

Ah, yes. And since the US doesn't seem to be working on anything like this, you know the design hasn't been stolen. Nothing could go wrong there.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Nothing like a bit of turbulence flipping it upside down, driving humpty in his egg into the ground?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

steve58

sweet, but at a cool million, might be a little pricey for the Grog arsenal...

In the market for a gun that is out of this world? Then the Big Bang pistol may just be for you ... provided you've got very, very deep pockets.

Parts of the 4.5 billion-year-old Gibeon meteorite that landed in sub-Saharan Africa in prehistoric times have been transformed into guns and pistol grips by Cabot Guns.

p.s.  apparently the above photo is the Cosmos Meteorite Grip 1911.  The Big Bang pistol set (one for righties and one for lefties) has yet to be revealed...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Riiiiiight. Because we can totally trust that they didn't just put a common pedestrian igneous rock in there instead.

LongBlade

If it's on the internet, it's true. George Washington said so, and he can never tell a lie. Even today.

LongBlade

BanzaiCat

If Fox News says it, and says it on the Internet, does that mean a negative times a negative equals a positive?

Sir Slash

Is that thing to hang onto in case the plane goes down? As in flying you to the ground safely? I'd prefer a parachute. And it better not eat my in-flight peanuts.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

One of my all-time favorite television moments.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

shared that on FB the other day.  still want.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers