Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

airboy

What I want is a virtual pinball machine.  It plays all of the FX2 pinball games.  It also plays all of the classic pinball games that have been converted to virtual pinball.  You can shake it.  It has the back-panel lights and scores.  It feels almost like playing arcade pinball.  Sounds are 100% accurate.  Feel is about 90% there.  And it has almost no moving parts so you don't have to fix it forever.  I spent about 5 hours total playing it at the Southern Fried Game Expo last weekend.  Thing plays about 260 pinball games (200 classic games and 60 games designed for a virtual environment).  I would play a virtual game, then play the real thing and compare.  It was very close.

It was on shark tank.  It really is the bomb!

See: https://virtualpinball.com/

Only drawback is the one with solenoids that give you the absolute best pinball feel runs $8,000.  But you can fit 260 machines into one machine and play it.  Only room for 2 more pinball machines in my home - so I'm seriously (like 95%+) likely to get it.

If you like pinball - it is the next best thing to owning your entire arcade with a great repair guy.  But it plays FX2 games like nothing else.

My wife actually thinks I should buy it - and she does not play pinball.

Only draw-back is you cannot play head to head at the same time trading plays.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Space Nerd. I want one.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

If I hadn't dropped a couple hundred bucks on various games in the past few weeks, I'd be buying one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 02:26:48 PMdropped a couple hundred bucks on various games in the past few weeks

Amateur!  At Origins, we call that "Thursday" ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 30, 2016, 02:52:20 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 02:26:48 PMdropped a couple hundred bucks on various games in the past few weeks

Amateur!  At Origins, we call that "Thursday" ;)

I'll post a pic of all the board games I've purchased since Huzzah! in May. I have a sickness.

Boggit

Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 03:03:53 PM
I'll post a pic of all the board games I've purchased since Huzzah! in May. I have a sickness.
And I worry over spending cash in a sale... ::) :'(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

mirth

Quote from: Boggit on June 30, 2016, 03:13:18 PM

I had very limited discretionary funds until the new job, so I've gone a little nuts lately.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: Boggit on June 30, 2016, 03:13:18 PM

I had very limited discretionary funds until the new job, so I've gone a little nuts lately.

Hasn't our government taught you anything about spending? ::) Now let me go check out that bluetooth communicator.....
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

home-made dice tower

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

Wouldn't a Sherman be more appropriate?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys