bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 21, 2017, 03:30:30 PM
I vote for 'Lego Squad Leader'.

To suck the fun out of Legos?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

ASL is a black hole for fun.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

I can't decide if this is a true "want" or if it's going to end up as a white elephant like the CHIPs did

http://www.sentio.com

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

You could probably get a basic Chromebook for around that price. They show up on CNET's Cheapskate feed often.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 21, 2017, 03:30:30 PM
I vote for 'Lego Squad Leader'.

that kind of exists too O0

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 21, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
I can't decide if this is a true "want" or if it's going to end up as a white elephant like the CHIPs did

http://www.sentio.com

Whatever happened with CHIP? Didn't you order a couple of the Pocket CHIPs?

bayonetbrant

I have a CHIP plugged into the TV in the man-cave, but I need a bluetooth keyboard for it b/c the USB ones I have pull too much power thru the CHIP.  Plus, I'd have to stand up to make it go.  I'm still saving up Amazon gift cards that I'm accumulating thru i-say.com to get this one, but I like this one, too.

Once I've got it running, I'm going to try to get some web-based apps running on there to see if I can get some big-screen game goodness going.

The PocketCHIP would probably get a lot more use if I knew more about where/how to find Linux apps and get them installed / running.  It's not nearly as capable as my Kindle Fire tablet, which is itself not nearly as capable as my daughter's Samsung tablet, so it's tough to do too much with it.  It's a nice white elephant, but I need more Linux knowledge to really do much with either of them right now.

mirth

I was reading the CHIP forums. Looks like a lot of Linux command line is needed to do stuff.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2017, 11:26:41 AM
I was reading the CHIP forums. Looks like a lot of Linux command line is needed to do stuff.

Yep, and that's not a world I live in

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

I don't get those forums at all.  Nobody ever wants to post anything about Johnny Poncherello.   

mirth

Frank Poncherello

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not in my erotic fan fiction but you already knew that didn't you, subscriber #141?