Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on September 29, 2017, 03:52:23 PM
that is just some serious bullshit right there....

or, you could use real money :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 29, 2017, 03:59:09 PM

That's the problem though. That is not a currency exchange increase. It's gouging because we can't buy stuff on the US Amazon....  :tickedoff:

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 29, 2017, 03:59:09 PM

even factoring in exchange rates and postage... still better off buying it from American Amazon
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Barth, I'm guessing your U.S. P.O. box for delivery doesn't help you one whit in being able to order from U.S. Amazon?

That is some seriously f-d up price gouging.

I'd wonder if it's possible for you to open a small account in the U.S., get a bank card, and make your game purchases off of that. I'm guessing that is something you've considered but it's not allowed for whatever reason.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I did that.  I got a US PO Box just across the line in Washington state and got a US dollar credit card with that PO Box listed as the address and opened a US Amazon account.  And then I never, ever use it.   The border was enough of a hassle beforehand but now that Washington's got legalized dope, the Feds guarding the border on both sides are even more anal that normal.  Just not worth the drive and the interrogation 99% of the time.  Having said that, Amazon Canada's pricing is brutal in a lot of cases.  I was going to pick up a copy of Federation Commander but I can't find a copy of either base game anywhere in Canada right now.  US has it for $59 USD.  3rd party sellers in Canada wanted $227 for it.  (one recently popped up wanting $89 for it which isn't too bad...)

BanzaiCat

Seems there'd be a lot more business for Canada if they'd lay off of whatever tariffs are causing these spikes. I know squat about economics, international or otherwise, but it makes no sense that a country that's (forgive me) very, very similar to the US (cultural-wise anyway - just a dumbass American's opinion) for it to be so far apart when it comes to merde like this.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't think it's tariffs.  NAFTA prevents a lot of that.  It's 3rd party sellers that are doing the gouging in most cases.

Barthheart

scabs.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 29, 2017, 07:44:22 PM
I don't think it's tariffs.  NAFTA prevents a lot of that.  It's 3rd party sellers that are doing the gouging in most cases.

This!  >:(

Most items are tariff free... it's the gougers that think because they are in Canada they can make it "easy" for us.
Well screw them. I order a bunch of stuff to have it delivered to my US address then make one trip when it 's worth it.
Fuckin scabs.  :pullhair:

BanzaiCat

That's why I don't get why you can't order off of Amazon US.

I mean, I suppose it's a normal thing...e.g. I can't order anything off of Amazon UK while in the States, but in the UK, no problem.

Staggerwing

Maybe Barth uses a VPN to access Amazon US? Use the VPN to link through a US connection and voila! It's also how some folks get around Netflix' country-specific content blocks.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Maybe we should just buy him a set and deliver it to him at Origins?  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on September 30, 2017, 07:43:04 AM
Maybe we should just buy him a set and deliver it to him at Origins?  ^-^

if that's what it takes to get him to show up...  :-"

Otherwise we need 3 people to replace him
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

em2nought

WANT! My very own Robocop, take that scumbagshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTAmTDTmDw
Stolen elections have consequences.