Feedback on Review of Eight-Minute Empire

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2013, 09:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Our review of this nifty little realm-builder is up.  Tell us what you think!

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

I got 2 games in at lunch today with some friends that had never played it.  I won both, mainly b/c they spent all their time duking it out with each other and not enough paying attention to the overall board.

In both games, everyone was left with that "if I only had one more card!" feeling, which (for this game) is a very good thing.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

I've got Eigh Minute Empire : Legends. It doesn't have the sets of goods, but it does have other pieces that can be optionally used as point generating capture points for players. The second aspect of the cards has changed to either in-game abilities (crossing water costs less movement, bonus placement, bonus movement) or end-game scoring (most of the cards are of various sets. So if you have the most 'Night' cards, score points, or the most 'Arcane' cards, etc.).

Also, they replaced the board with 4 double-sided board panels, so building the board is the first part of the game.

bayonetbrant

I'm tempted to pick that one up, as it looks cool

I'd be happy with bigger / better maps for the base game for now.