The Great War: Western Front

Started by SirAndrewD, August 24, 2022, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Whoa. Ok...I swear it was there two hours ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Much better.

You know though, that's weird.  I did a search on RPS for Great War thinking that's why the link was dead and no recent results came up. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Oh man I hope it's not a sign that this is just vaporware.  Talk about getting somebody's hopes up and then crushing it in a slow agonizing manner. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

No definitely not vaporware...there is a marketing machine that is just getting started for this one with Petroglyph. And it looks like this game is a labor of love for many of the people working on it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Thanks I needed to hear that.  Yeah Petroglyph wouldn't jerk us around like that. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

I posted a video for this last night as well. Watch it and bask in the nerdiness. This game is being made by our kinda people.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

This will be video game crack for son, day one purchase for him.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Today on my lunch break I passed a car that had a driver in it holding onto a long glass something or other in his mouth with the windows rolled up. 

I'm sure it was nothing though. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Well speaking of game crack I just so happened to notice some guy was possibly doing some in his car on my lunch break.

al_infierno

Depending on how long it was, it might have been a bong, which would mean weed

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao