Main Menu

Ask the Friday

Started by Anguille, December 09, 2022, 03:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

A great but underrated Scottish band from the 80's. Their first album is still one of my favourites. Ask the Lord is a superb song.

I'll be playing mostly Knights of Honor 2 and Interstellar Space Genesis. Also watching the World Cup.

Have a good weekend.

Pete Dero

^ Never heard Hipsway before.  Sounded like Deacon Blue (same country & same time) to me.

More Shadow Empire for me.

Have a nice weekend.

Anguille

Just found an "american" edition of the song:

Destraex

World of warships - only as mates want to play
Command Modern Warfare
Nebulous Fleet Command
WARNO
AOEIV
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Never heard of that band before but that is a good song.  Thanks for sharing.

I'll be playing Knights of Honor 2, Heroes & Generals, and some World Conqueror IV on my Android.  I may even fire up the original Knights of Honor to compare it to the new game that just came out this week.

Have a great weekend all.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on December 09, 2022, 06:33:34 AM
World of warships - only as mates want to play
Command Modern Warfare
Nebulous Fleet Command
WARNO
AOEIV

Maybe some Command Modern, probably some Hell Let Loose definitely some Unity of Command II and boardgames.

Jarhead0331

We're going into NYC this weekend to see the Rockettes Christmas spectacular, FAO Schwartz and the tree, but might be able to fit some gaming in on Sunday. I'm really in game overload. Between KoH2, Ixion, WH40K Rogue Trader and Darktide and Wartales, I'm a bit on game overload! Sort of like a deer in the headlights.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

On my Ubisoft rip currently, so hello Division!  Slap on the Yuletide sweater and Santa cap and blast some Cleaners, yo!  Division 2 is a hot mess for me as it is crash city and I'm unsure if it's my machine (which ran it just fine last time I had it loaded up) or whatever current build is up but I'm hopeful to get it fixed.

Gonna apply the "Spartan," mod for GR:Breakpoint and see how that runs too.

Modiphius has lost the Conan license, so gonna sprint over to DriveThru and start loading up on the pdfs while I'm at it.

Crom!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 09, 2022, 09:04:11 AM
We're going into NYC this weekend to see the Rockettes Christmas spectacular, FAO Schwartz and the tree, but might be able to fit some gaming in on Sunday. I'm really in game overload. Between KoH2, Ixion, WH40K Rogue Trader and Darktide and Wartales, I'm a bit on game overload! Sort of like a deer in the headlights.

You given ixion anytime yet?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 09, 2022, 09:24:26 AM

I tried last night, but I have a really annoying problem with the console box that keeps popping in and out at the top of the screen. I'm assuming it is being caused by a conflict with one of my peripheral devices. I posted about it in the forums. Hopefully a developer will respond. It would still be playable, but quite irritating.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 09, 2022, 09:28:09 AM

I tried last night, but I have a really annoying problem with the console box that keeps popping in and out at the top of the screen. I'm assuming it is being caused by a conflict with one of my peripheral devices. I posted about it in the forums. Hopefully a developer will respond. It would still be playable, but quite irritating.

I was hoping for frost punk in space and was quite keen but the reviews have nose dived overnight from 98% after 500 to 60%

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 09, 2022, 09:42:23 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 09, 2022, 09:28:09 AM

I was hoping for frost punk in space and was quite keen but the reviews have nose dived overnight from 98% after 500 to 60%

Yeah...I'm concerned about that too. Although, I did watch a few let's plays and initial impressions from some guys I trust and their opinions were very favorable. I'm not sure why the reviews on steam have taken such a plunge. If it's due to technical issues, those can always be fixed...but if it has to do with gameplay, that is a much larger problem.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Good luck in NYC JH, all of your USMC skills will be tested.

I will definitely be diving further into KoH2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and perhaps start a 1212AD campaign in Attila Total War. Maybe some Age of Empire II as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2022, 10:22:55 AM
Good luck in NYC JH, all of your USMC skills will be tested.

I will definitely be diving further into KoH2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and perhaps start a 1212AD campaign in Attila Total War. Maybe some Age of Empire II as well.

Last time we went in for Christmas, I brought one of my pocket knives, not thinking that they would wand me when entering Radio City Music Hall. They found the knife and wouldn't let me in with it and of course had no security check where I could keep it. They actually suggested that I just throw it out onto the street! Well, it was a $200 knife and I wasn't just going to throw it away so i went behind the checkpoint and just threw it down in the corner hoping maybe, by some miracle, it would still be there when I got out of the show. These idiots saw me throw it there and would you believe it was still there after the show!?  Thank God. I love that knife. It would have ruined the entire experience for me. lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^I would expect nothing less from you, Radio City or New York. Actually a little surprised/disappointed it was just a knife.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd