Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Been playing WoWS for a bit after buying into the beta from HumbleBundle.  My service record is at Level 7.  So I know to upgrade to the next ship, I need exchange credits and XP.  When I click on the Convert XP link, I get this:

Why is the Murmansk and All Warships checked?  Whats gonna happen if I click Convert??  Anything going to happen to the Murmansk or my other ships?  Somewhat confusing...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Kushan

The checked ships are the ones who will have its ship do converted to free do. Free do can be used to buy upgrades for any ship. Nothing will actually happen to the ship itself other then resetting its ship do to 0. Not to be confused with commander experience.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

It lets you convert the extra XP from ships which have had all their stuff fully researched (called "Elite" status).  Costs money to do so, but if there is a specific class or tier you like to play, more than some of the ones above, then that's the way to continue progressing while doing so.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Upcoming Anniversary Bonus Code News.  Apparently the news leaked, but the code appears to be for the USS Albany and a free port slot.

Yes - The code is still active and will remain so. If you have already redeemed, no worries - the ship stays on your account. We're not certain how it got out into the wild early, but I know folks are always excited for free stuffz so I certainly wouldn't punish anyone for talking about it or taking it out for a spin!

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/42314-upcoming-anniversary-bonus-code-news/page__st__20__pid__1057342#entry1057342

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on July 31, 2015, 02:16:51 PM
Upcoming Anniversary Bonus Code News.  Apparently the news leaked, but the code appears to be for the USS Albany and a free port slot.

Yes - The code is still active and will remain so. If you have already redeemed, no worries - the ship stays on your account. We're not certain how it got out into the wild early, but I know folks are always excited for free stuffz so I certainly wouldn't punish anyone for talking about it or taking it out for a spin!

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/42314-upcoming-anniversary-bonus-code-news/page__st__20__pid__1057342#entry1057342

Saw this:

"Just use the code "ALBANY" on you account managament, option "Activate Bonus Code" and you will receive shortly the tier II premium cruiser Albany."

Nefaro

Does anyone know if there's a working in-game Squad Voice Chat imlemented in World Of Warships? 

Had some squadding considerations in the works, but didn't know if a separate voice chat program would be needed.

steve58

Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

Saw this:

"Just use the code "ALBANY" on you account managament, option "Activate Bonus Code" and you will receive shortly the tier II premium cruiser Albany."

...such a short time to redeem the code!  Glad I checked in this afternoon.

Code redemption ends: August 2 at 16:59 PT (19:59 ET)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on August 02, 2015, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

Saw this:

...such a short time to redeem the code!  Glad I checked in this afternoon.

Code redemption ends: August 2 at 16:59 PT (19:59 ET)

And here I thought most people skipped my posts.  :))

Kushan

I redeemed it too. Shame the Albany is such an horrible ship. The two tier 1 starter ships have longer range guns, faster rudder shift time, a tighter turning radius, and slightly better concealment rating. Speed is about the same.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Kushan on August 02, 2015, 04:26:48 PM
I redeemed it too. Shame the Albany is such an horrible ship. The two tier 1 starter ships have longer range guns, faster rudder shift time, a tighter turning radius, and slightly better concealment rating. Speed is about the same.

I'd rather have it than not have it... I use the 1.5x a day to train captains using the no cost premium swap. 

Nefaro

I think this is my best cruiser match thus far.  Due to damage dealt, judging by the Citadel and Torpedo hits. 

Can actually get some decent citadel hits with Aoba's 8 inch guns.

My best averages are still in Destroyers, though.   Because ... sneaky bee awtch!

Dread Rlyeh

It's a 2x weekend in case anyone missed it.  May all your torps be live and your AP salvos monsters.

steve58

Quote from: Nefaro on August 06, 2015, 10:57:27 PM
I think this is my best cruiser match thus far.  Due to damage dealt, judging by the Citadel and Torpedo hits. 

Can actually get some decent citadel hits with Aoba's 8 inch guns.

My best averages are still in Destroyers, though.   Because ... sneaky bee awtch!

It'd be interesting to re-look at some of my past battle stats, other than the Summary.  Can you do that?  Are they keeping the stats on each battle, ship or not since its still beta?  If not, be nice to have it.

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on August 08, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

It'd be interesting to re-look at some of my past battle stats, other than the Summary.  Can you do that?  Are they keeping the stats on each battle, ship or not since its still beta?  If not, be nice to have it.

They don't keep your individual battle stats, after you log out. 

However, they do track your averages and your highest match results per specific ship class on their website. 

If you log in to the World of Warships site and click on the "Players" button near the top right, it has a number of different tabs with your stats listed in various categories.  Unfortunately they don't have all that stuff implemented in the in-game UI yet, but I expect they will eventually (like in the others).