Friday Bloody Friday

Started by FarAway Sooner, January 29, 2021, 01:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Gusington

Still snowing here. Probably close to 3 feet. I am deploying my daughters and dog to shovel while The Wife and I work. Send rum!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 01, 2021, 09:48:37 PM
LoL. My wife would tell you the same thing about me....but, of course, it's not true!  :2funny:

I once accused my wife of having a man cold.  5 days later, she and my daughter  both tested positive for the flu.  Such is karma!

Hope the whole family is feeling better soon, man.

Sir Slash

Sending my St. Bernard with the rum right now Gus. He's a little cross-eyed so it may take him some time to find you.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I can't blame him, as the snow is three feet deep and hides my lawn-gnome form pretty well. I can hack it until he gets here. No joke this was a storm for the ages...Top 5 for me, personally.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm pretty sure I've never seen 3 feet of snow all at once.  Even in Iceland.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I don't think you would like it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2021, 10:52:26 AM
Still snowing here. Probably close to 3 feet. I am deploying my daughters and dog to shovel while The Wife and I work. Send rum!

Do you have a snorkel?

Weird weather.  There has been almost no snow at all in my corner of Canuckistan this winter.  I think it's only snowed twice and there wasn't enough to stick either time.  It's just been insane amounts of rain for almost 3 months.

CJReich46

Hope you're feeling better soon JH.

I myself in 7 days get to go back to Green Bay for my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine. I even requested off the next day because that one's gonna be a bear from what I've heard. The 2nd dose is stronger than the 1st.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CJReich46 on February 03, 2021, 11:55:40 AM

I myself in 7 days get to go back to Green Bay for my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine. I even requested off the next day because that one's gonna be a bear from what I've heard. The 2nd dose is stronger than the 1st.

Thanks, CJ. My wife got the Pfizer vaccine and the second shot definitely wiped her out, but it wasn't too bad and only for about 24 hours.

Good luck and I am happy you are one of the lucky few!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Although this wasn't on my original weekend playlist I've been spending a good amount of time with Total War Shogun 2 FOTS.  Great game and I forgot how cool the setting is. 

"We sail for grory!"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Boggit

Quote from: W8taminute on February 04, 2021, 02:24:38 PM
Although this wasn't on my original weekend playlist I've been spending a good amount of time with Total War Shogun 2 FOTS.  Great game and I forgot how cool the setting is. 

"We sail for grory!"
Yep. Great game. I still play it from time to time. There are some brilliant mods out there for it. Have you got the bayonet mod for FOTs - it looks really cool.

I can also recommend a couple of Samurai movies set in the period to add to your Samurai mood, both with good sword fighting scenes...

When the Last Sword is drawn (about a member of the Shinsemgumi [Shogun's secret police]) and;
The Twilight Samurai
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

CJReich46

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 03, 2021, 12:08:59 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on February 03, 2021, 11:55:40 AM

Thanks, CJ. My wife got the Pfizer vaccine and the second shot definitely wiped her out, but it wasn't too bad and only for about 24 hours.

Good luck and I am happy you are one of the lucky few!

It was a matter of luck indeed. They had two extra doses when I was there, and I was asked if I wanted one.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

FotS Was one of my favorite TW games.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

FotS is my favorite TW game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd