Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Redwolf

Quote from: mikeck on February 11, 2021, 05:24:31 PM
Why resist?

It's a sport :)

And I have too many planes I bought and didn't fly enough.

SlagDog

Thank you JH for those links and how to find the other planes. If I have time this weekend I may just dive in to check some of those planes out.

Jarhead0331

I've been giving some love to the FC3 aircraft just for a more relaxing change of pace and I've been running through some great training missions for the F-15C.  Next I'll probably pull some time in the Mig-29 and then maybe focus on the SU-25, which I've actually always thought was a pretty badass aircraft.

Any of you guys ever dabble with the FC3 airframes?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2021, 10:44:58 PM
I've been giving some love to the FC3 aircraft just for a more relaxing change of pace and I've been running through some great training missions for the F-15C.  Next I'll probably pull some time in the Mig-29 and then maybe focus on the SU-25, which I've actually always thought was a pretty badass aircraft.

Any of you guys ever dabble with the FC3 airframes?

What is FC3 precious?

Jarhead0331

Flaming Cliffs 3. It's an old lower fidelity module that has the SU25, Mig29A, A10A, F15C and SU-33. No click able cockpits. Just simpler controls and avionics with somewhat older textures. Not of the quality of the high fidelity modules, but still enjoyable and totally worth having. These aircraft predated all of the full fidelity modules but have been improved over the years.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

I enjoy the FC3 aircraft as well. 

Really, the appeal of DCS for me is the Soviet gear.  I've been flying simulated F/A-18s, F-14s and F-16s my entire simming life.  The Soviet stuff not much at all. 

Having said all that, I'm not proficient in any of them.  I don't find the HUD on the DCS MiG-29 and Su-27 intuitive at all.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2021, 07:53:08 AM
Flaming Cliffs 3. It's an old lower fidelity module that has the SU25, Mig29A, A10A, F15C and SU-33. No click able cockpits. Just simpler controls and avionics with somewhat older textures. Not of the quality of the high fidelity modules, but still enjoyable and totally worth having. These aircraft predated all of the full fidelity modules but have been improved over the years.

I enjoy those. Probably because I'm too dumb/lazy to master the higher fidelity planes :)

Jarhead0331

While I'm awaiting my motion solution, my cockpit continues to evolve. I know its total overkill, but everything is at my fingertips and it is very comfortable.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Do you need a new chair? Looks like the arms are wearing out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2021, 03:44:35 PM
Do you need a new chair? Looks like the arms are wearing out.

I'm picking one up in a few days...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Toonces

That's pretty slick, man.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."