What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on March 25, 2013, 02:44:57 PM
Wrath of Az, Bison? Might want to clarify that one.

I have Wrath of Ashardalon, too. Never played it. But glad I've got it....

Yeah wrath of ashardalon.  I couldn't remember how to spell so I abbreviated.  It's pretty sweet.  There's a dragon end boss.

Bison

I'm looking at picking up either Field Commander: Alexander or Field Commander: Napoleon from DVG.  I'm leaning toward Alexander, because most of the ancients stuff I've seen is not too solo gamer friendly from what I've read.

Barthheart

Thunderbolt Apache Leader is a great game. Lots of tough choices. Very good solo mechanics.

I have Uboat Leader too. It's fun as well.. but not as well done as TAL.

Nefaro

Interesting.

They're pretty pricey but I was eyeballing Thunderbolt Apache Leader.  Maybe next payday..

Been in & out of computer game apathy quite often lately.   So a solitaire-capable tabletop would be good.

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on March 25, 2013, 09:13:59 PM
Interesting.

They're pretty pricey but I was eyeballing Thunderbolt Apache Leader.  Maybe next payday..

Been in & out of computer game apathy quite often lately.   So a solitaire-capable tabletop would be good.

It is pricey, but there's a lot of game in the box. Also buy from NWS Online as their price is hard to beat. Nice people too.

LongBlade

Interesting.

They've got some cool looking minis to go with that - I'm thinking that could be a big win :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on March 26, 2013, 08:11:37 AM
Interesting.

They've got some cool looking minis to go with that - I'm thinking that could be a big win :)

Yeah, I've got the mini's but have yet to paint/mount them. Any ideas for mounting such tiny helo's and planes? I was looking at some kind of magnet system since the aircraft can move between 2 altitude settings and for packing away....

If I had the time, I'd try to make 3D terrain tiles as well.... it would look really cool......

LongBlade

Fantasy Flight's plane minis have extendible stands. You could probably drill a hole to make those work.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on March 26, 2013, 12:49:55 PM
Fantasy Flight's plane minis have extendible stands. You could probably drill a hole to make those work.

Do yo umean the Wings of War mini's? The TAL mini's are really tiny... 1/600...

from here:

http://www.picoarmor.com/pages/home.php

LongBlade

Yes, Wings of War.

I'm not suggesting to use the models - just use their stands:

Barthheart

I know what yer saying... but I don't think it's a viable option.....  ;)

LongBlade

Bison

Finally finished putting the stickers on the Roman army.  Whew!  It took a few more months than I figured it would!  :P

Next up is the Carthaginian army and the other odds and ends like the dice.

GJK

I finished stickering the base game for CC:A a little while back but still have the Spartans to do.  Have yet to actually play this one yet.  G'Damn this stupid thing called "work" keeps getting in the way all week long.  I'd love to have the time to get in some more ASL, some CC:A, some Force on Force, WW2: ETO, Carrier and a boatload of other games that I've been itching to play. 

Would CC:A play ok via pbem?  If so, maybe we could try a game using VASSAL. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Rekim

Ya need a big table for this one. plus a few sides. Axis & Allies 1940 Global

played until 3am tonight  8)
Four turns into it and the Germans have just managed to pull off Op Sealion. The Royal Navy was distracted by the Italians battling for Gilbraltar but got some revenge by destroying the entire kriegsmarine. US just landed in Europe. Germany and USSR...still at peace?!?

The green monster grows. Wouldn't want to be Japan in a few turns...