What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

That is a HUGE Axis and Allies map.  Wow.

@GJK  I think I saw a module of CCA for Vassal.  I'll need to look again and set it up again on my desk top.  I cleaned a bunch of programs off a month or so ago.

Bison

The plan is to setup a scenario from ASLSK 1 on the counter this afternoon during my free man time.

LongBlade

Quote from: Rekim on September 14, 2013, 03:19:33 AM
Ya need a big table for this one. plus a few sides. Axis & Allies 1940 Global

How big is that map? I've been thinking about making a gaming table and I'd like to know the upper end of something like that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

The table looks to be in the 8' X 4'  or 8' X 3' range.

Bison

Let MAN TIME begin!

This is the project I've got ahead of me this afternoon.  That right it's a bunch of sorting out ASLSK chits.  Now if I only knew who the hell the grey chits represent in the expansion #1 set.  All I know is it isn't the Germans they are blue.

Staggerwing

Poles or Slovaks? Italians? Finns? What are the vehicle types in the same color?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

I'm thinking Italian.  There is a scenario with Italian coastal units, which coincides with the grey counter numbers.

GJK

The Germans are lt. blue.  Finns/Italians would be lt. gray.  Axis minors are dk. green.  Allied minors lt. green.  All of the blue counters in Exp pack 1 are Germans. This is a good close up of the countersheet included with Exp pack 1:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/961151/advanced-squad-leader-starter-kit-expansion-pack-1?size=original
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

I'm actually working on my Starter Kit travel kit as well for gaming later tonight.  You need to have yours looking like this by the end of the day Bison:

;D
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

Staggerwing

Does he also have to have then all clipped by then as well?  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 14, 2013, 02:02:18 PM
Does he also have to have then all clipped by then as well?  :D

Well duh...you can't play ASL with unclipped counters!  ;)

I clipped my Starter Kit set with a nail clipper and a jig that I had made from a CD jewel case.  I've since gotten the corner rounder tool from Oregon Laminations that I posted about some time ago.  I'll use it to clip my regular ASL set (which is 5 times the size of the SK set).  Not in a big rush to start that project just yet....
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

Finished to semi-GJK standard ASLSK1 and Expansion #1 counter organization project.  I still need to seperate the various markers and of course clip my counters.  Sorry for being so lazy boss.

Bison

Next man time project today:

Cut out and organize counters of MMP's South Mountain, which fittingly enough happened on this day in 1862.

GJK

Wow, some serious man-time for you today!  Good job on the SK counters.  Now we just need to get some games in for you!

I'm a huge fan of the CWBS (Civil War Brigade Series for those unfamiliar) games; I did a number of VASSAL modules for them.  I never played the RSS (Regimental) games - just too big for me.  It would be awesome to watch a group play it though.  Have a number of commanders for each side, each receiving and writing orders.  That would quite awesome actually. 

I do have Dean Essig's game from his newer LoB series (which updates the brigade series).  I didn't pre-order the Gettysburg game though but kinda wished I had.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer