What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

Just arrived today. 8) I don't get to actually open it until my birthday next month. :tickedoff:

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Crossroads

While the picture is borrowed from BGG, this is what I am getting too.

The game arrived today  O0 while the book should arrive towards the end of next week.

No chance for any gaming this weekend, too bad, but I guess commuting to work will go all too quickly for a change with the rule books as reading.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

Quote from: Pinetree on June 10, 2016, 03:54:04 AM
Just arrived today. 8) I don't get to actually open it until my birthday next month. :tickedoff:

I have that too but have yet to play it. Maybe we can try it out with Vassal.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Quote from: Crossroads on June 10, 2016, 10:39:17 AM
While the picture is borrowed from BGG, this is what I am getting too.

The game arrived today  O0 while the book should arrive towards the end of next week.

No chance for any gaming this weekend, too bad, but I guess commuting to work will go all too quickly for a change with the rule books as reading.

Now that looks like fun!

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on June 10, 2016, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on June 10, 2016, 03:54:04 AM

I have that too but have yet to play it. Maybe we can try it out with Vassal.

That isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2016, 11:01:13 AM

Which is pretty much the reason it's still in the box, in-punched here...

BanzaiCat

Isn't "in-punched" what Mississippi wargamers do when they play with their sisters? ;)

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on June 10, 2016, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2016, 11:01:13 AM

Which is pretty much the reason it's still in the box, in-punched here...

The reference material included by the designer is alone worth the purchase price - 'detailed' doesn't begin to describe it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2016, 11:12:52 AM
Isn't "in-punched" what Mississippi wargamers do when they play with their sisters? ;)

We're trying to have a serious game discussion here :P

BanzaiCat

As opposed to anywhere else in these forums?

Though I did post a serious picture. I mean, Silent Hunter and FIRE-FREAKIN'-FLY THE GAME.  :smitten:

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2016, 11:17:42 AM
As opposed to anywhere else in these forums?

Though I did post a serious picture. I mean, Silent Hunter and FIRE-FREAKIN'-FLY THE GAME.  :smitten:

But when will you play them?

Cyrano

Have a friend who holds WEEKEND parties to play "Firefly" with all the expansions.

Cooks like a fiend, cleans the whole joint, has cases of booze and soda.

...and complains that "Fire in the Lake" looks like to much of a time commitment...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2016, 11:18:57 AM
But when will you play them?

I'm actually going to play Silent Victory this weekend, dammit. I'm done with my main project (six months of development time in frikkin' five weeks!) but there's still other areas of the globe to tailor the training for. Still, this will be the first weekend in a while where I don't...uh...well, don't work TOO much.

As for Firefly...going to a game group that I haven't joined up with in more than a year mainly because of work time committments, and the host has it plus one expansion (he said the 'first' one, but I don't know offhand which one that is...Breakin' Atmo? I dunno). His wife said some of them love to play it and teach it to newbies, so it sounds like a win for me. (Technically I'm not playing MY copy of it, so I guess that doesn't count among all youse wise guys.)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on June 10, 2016, 11:21:25 AM
Have a friend who holds WEEKEND parties to play "Firefly" with all the expansions.

Cooks like a fiend, cleans the whole joint, has cases of booze and soda.

...and complains that "Fire in the Lake" looks like to much of a time commitment...

That's the main reason why I didn't buy Firefly...time commitment, too much space taken up, but there's some solo rules that Derek covered in his review video that made me go ahead and pull the trigger. I had some reward cards for Amazon for fitness goals I've reached lately, so I figured, why not celebrate Amazon gift card money from healthy activity by buying board games that require me to sit on my ass? An excellent choice IMO.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2016, 11:35:36 AM
(Technically I'm not playing MY copy of it, so I guess that doesn't count among all youse wise guys.)

I hope that isn't the rule here