What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

The Texas-ASL tournament starts tomorrow through Sunday. I'll snap some pictures and post a few of them here.  Almost 70 people have signed up so it looks to be another large turn-out. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Crossroads

S&T #61: October War. There was a set available for a tenner at BGG marketplace, too good to pass. A mere tenner, you ask? Yes, as it was missing the magazine. I was able to get my hands on a PDF copy though, and printed a booklet out of it at the office.

First, I thought it was missing just a single BMD counter, but even that was there, hiding under the mag printout, the sneaky b*st*rd

Into the Valley of Tears!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Next item on my table will be a polycarbo panel, though. Need to finally get one  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GJK

Quote from: Crossroads on June 24, 2016, 12:22:07 PM
Next item on my table will be a polycarbo panel, though. Need to finally get one  :)

Plexiglass to cover the map?
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Here's a few pics from the 24th Annual Texas ASL Tournament.

The tournament occupies two conference rooms this year.  This is the view from the back of one of them.

"3D" ASL.  He had a collection of these that he made and brought along.

Somebody' "ASL Kit".  A trunk on wheels with several counter trays/RAACO's and storage for the maps in the drawers.  It just needs a small engine so that it can be self-propelled next year.

This is in the other conference room - Team ASL...Omaha Beach.  You very well may need a full bobbin of thread in order to check LOS from one end to the other.

"DASL" (Deluxe ASL)

This years trophies and awards (to be handed out Sunday)

And on my table tonight was a little 4-player ASL scenario.  Me and another veteran player helping a new (returning) ASL player and a player that has only previously played a few SK scenarios solitaire.  By turn 3 he was running and gunning a couple of T-34/85's that we had.  Of course he had a little bit of a learning experience as well when he left one of the said '34's in the LOS of a 9-2 armor leader equipped Panther that was on overwatch on a distant hill.  Learned a lesson myself - always keep track of where you last saw that 'shrek and don't let it sneak up on your AFV's.  Burning wreck on that one.

Back at it at 0800 tomorrow.  I won't bore you guys with more pics unless it's something totally unique that you all might enjoy.  My competitive play begins tomorrow - wish me luck!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tinkershuffle

The battle of the Somme 100th anniversary gaming, over the top boys!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 06, 2016, 02:05:19 PM

<pic>

O0

Looks like fun!

I wanted to buy (and paint) minis for use with my C&C Ancients collection. 

Then again, there are at least a couple other games that also call for some.  My wishlist grows, it never shrinks.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

Admit it: you make machine gun noises while playing that, don't you?

I know I would!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: panzerde on July 06, 2016, 04:44:21 PM
Admit it: you make machine gun noises while playing that, don't you?

In fact I noticed I was making mortar/artillery sounds a lot more than usually.

GJK

ASL game day yesterday (no pics but the King Tiger charging over a stone wall into a graveyard to attempt an overrun was classic).  A weekend late, but I started a Gettysburg campaign.  This is using The Gamers CWBS (Thunder at the Crossroads II) with Rick Barber's "Summer Storm" maps.  Beautiful rendition of the battlefield I think.  I'm playing the hypothetical full-campaign scenario that has Stonewall Jackson alive and present with his Corps.  Should be interesting.  As per usual, sorry for the crappy phone pic.

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

panzerde

Very nice looking! That's got to be fun to play.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

nht

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 06, 2016, 02:05:19 PM

Wish I had the patience to paint up my C&C: TGW pieces. They sure look nice on the board!

bayonetbrant

Even without reading GJK's comment, I could totally tell that it was a Rick Barber map.  I've been around wargaming waaaaaaay too long.