What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Yeah, no mistaking a "Barber".  Funny enough but I took the original .psd that I had made from when I redrew the map for "In Their Quiet Fields" and started to convert it to a Barber...rounded off the elevation levels, started adding thousands and thousands of little dots (via a brush) for slopes and accent around the roads, etc, etc and man, it was getting very TEDIOUS.  I can't imagine him doing that by hand with colored pencils.  Lucky for me, he just announced that he made another print run of several of his maps and his Antietam map is one of them so I'm going to pick up a copy for my CWBS set.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Crossroads

This Sunday, I walk in the memory lane in the form of Avalon Hill's Arab-Israeli Wars, situation B-2 Rafid.

Playing solo (as always) with my head held high  O:-)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bob48

That's a game that brings back memories.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Bob remembers when he was in Palestine with Allenby.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

We used to build sand castles together.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on July 17, 2016, 03:40:59 PM
Bob remembers when he was in Palestine with Allenby.

Had to google that. Ha.

Quote from: bob48 on July 17, 2016, 03:44:26 PM
We used to build sand castles together.

He was a gentle man, I tell you, a most gentle man. Built the loveliest sand castles, with little knights riding around and troubadours playing little soothing tunes. Ah, war is hell.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: nht on July 11, 2016, 07:07:03 PM
Wish I had the patience to paint up my C&C: TGW pieces. They sure look nice on the board!

I never have patience to paint (or clip) anything, luckily we have people on our club who do. :)

Tinkershuffle

Practising with Next War: India-Pakistan. Kashmir has quite a terrain to be on the offensive..

panzerde

I am very interested in the Next War series, but it'll have to wait until I clear out some gaming backlog. That India-Pakistan game looks particularly interesting.

panzerde

Prussia's Glory II. Battle of Prague, halfway through the 12:00 PM turn of the battle scenario.

Schwerin's wing have seriously dented the Austrian infantry Browne has managed to swing over to the Austrian right. The Prussians have gained the heights and essentially caused a gap to open between the Austrian center and left under Charles and the Austrian right under Browne. The Prussians will now seek to pour through this gap with Bevern and Winterfeldt's wings. Schwerin himself was wounded while leading his troops up the hill, and his replacement was almost immediately killed.

Meanwhile, Prussian and Austrian cavalry clash in the south around Sterbohol. Things are still close too close to call.

GJK

PGII is a sweet looking game!!!

Finished up our scenario from ASL "Valor of the Guards" (The Train Station).  The Russians (my opponent) held on for the win.  I think that I may of had enough VL hexes but I had too many points in losses.  Hell of a fun time though!

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: panzerde on July 18, 2016, 09:30:51 PM
I am very interested in the Next War series, but it'll have to wait until I clear out some gaming backlog. That India-Pakistan game looks particularly interesting.

I think NWIP is a good gateway game to the series because it has no naval warfare in it, the system is complex enough even without it. :)

GJK

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 19, 2016, 01:50:31 AM
Quote from: panzerde on July 18, 2016, 09:30:51 PM

I think NWIP is a good gateway game to the series because it has no naval warfare in it, the system is complex enough even without it. :)

I have the 'Taiwan' game but have only given a cursory look at the rules.  I also have "Breaking the chains".  When I get in the mood for some contemporary stuff, it'll be those two that I start messing with.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

I pre-ordered this over a year ago and it finally showed up a week ago.  I still haven't had a chance to play it yet.  I've just read the rules and run through the first scenario solo to try and get a feel for the game.  Looks like it should be fun.  Great production values!  (and an excellent counter tray)

BanzaiCat

That looks pretty cool, SDR.

I swear, it's like an arms race around here sometimes...you buy something cool and make ME want to buy it, and then I feel like I have to one-up you...fortunately I have such impulses under control now, especially after the whole X-Wing Minis run. And I still haven't gotten into Armada, thank God!