What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Trying to get Old School Tactical on the table...but the damn map is bigger than my table!

Great looking game, though...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

After moving the small gaming table downstairs along with the games I had in my office, and doing some shelf cleaning, I now have a large playing area and a dedicated gaming room. That gives me enough room to finally set up games with larger maps. I inaugurated the room with my first game of Old School Tactical:

Barthheart

Awesome!

Just started the Die Falle Campaign myself. Will post pics as I go. Very cool idea for a campaign.....

Barthheart

panzerde

I'd be up for it. It's a quick system to learn and plays pretty fast. I have the VASSAL module installed and played with it some this afternoon.

Barthheart

Cool module eh?

We'd need to setup a live session...

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on August 07, 2016, 09:30:55 PM
Cool module eh?

Yeah, though I wish it had the charts! I get why it doesn't, but it doesn't mean I don't miss 'em.

The other issue I have with the module is really an issue I have with the game itself. While the maps are absolutely gorgeous, they're too huge to use the borders for the various game tracks! When playing the physical game it means a lot of reaching or moving around to reach them. In the VASSAL module I found I was having to switch zoom levels a lot to see them and adjust markers. That's my sole gritch with the game, and it's a minor one. Otherwise I think it's going to get a lot of play around here.

Maybe this week we can set up a game?

GJK

It would be easy enough to edit that module by putting those various tracks in their own map window in order to eliminate the need to scroll or zoom.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on August 07, 2016, 10:55:55 PM
It would be easy enough to edit that module by putting those various tracks in their own map window in order to eliminate the need to scroll or zoom.

Yeah, since I created the module, I need to go in and tidy/make enhancements. I just need the time....

Barthheart

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on August 07, 2016, 10:01:10 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on August 07, 2016, 09:30:55 PM
Cool module eh?

Yeah, though I wish it had the charts! I get why it doesn't, but it doesn't mean I don't miss 'em.

The other issue I have with the module is really an issue I have with the game itself. While the maps are absolutely gorgeous, they're too huge to use the borders for the various game tracks! When playing the physical game it means a lot of reaching or moving around to reach them. In the VASSAL module I found I was having to switch zoom levels a lot to see them and adjust markers. That's my sole gritch with the game, and it's a minor one. Otherwise I think it's going to get a lot of play around here.

Maybe this week we can set up a game?

This week might be tough, even though I'm on vacation. :)
Maybe next? Not sure yet....

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on August 08, 2016, 08:17:14 PM
This week might be tough, even though I'm on vacation. :)
Maybe next? Not sure yet....

No worries, give me a yell when you're ready!

bob48

Arrived today and very much looking forwards to playing - 'A las Barricades' from Compass Games. This is from the 'War Storm' Series. I already have the ''La battle de France 1940' game and like the system a lot.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

1775.  A fun and simple wargame.  It's about 100 bajillon times better than risk.  The mere thought of Risk actually caused me to physically twitch when I momentarily considered purchasing it for a simple block pushing area control wargame for the family.