What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

I cannot get my head around them.

I now cannot play chit games lest I first smooth their corners, but this...this...

And I can't say quite what it is other than it's not...proper...I guess...

Spent much of the day playing card games, notably the Cryptozooic Naruto card game my son loves.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Bison

Quote from: Cyrano on September 05, 2016, 10:23:05 PM
Spent much of the day playing card games, notably the Cryptozooic Naruto card game my son loves.

Cool.  I've wanted to see the cards for this game.  I'll admit that I'm a closet Naruto fan.

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

@bison

Some of the cards.  The art is pretty cool.

And my son dressed as Kiba.  Hard to avoid getting into something he's into quite that much.  Although, when I was a lad, ain't no way cosplay was getting me into the company of the opposite sex...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Cyrano thanks.  I really like the card art.  Jr is looking good in the getup.

Bison

Working on my wonky low budget angels beat down commander deck.  For all of you who don't give a rats ass, I present to you the only mono blue angel that exists in the over 14,000 different magic the gathering cards.

It adds no value to my deck.  It's frankly a very underwhelming card, but by god I am duty bound to include it in my deck.  My plan is to baffle my opponents with bullshit, which of course is a legitimate strategy in any conflict.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on September 07, 2016, 03:51:45 PM
Working on my wonky low budget angels beat down commander deck.  For all of you who don't give a rats ass, I present to you the only mono blue angel that exists in the over 14,000 different magic the gathering cards.

It adds no value to my deck.  It's frankly a very underwhelming card, but by god I am duty bound to include it in my deck.  My plan is to baffle my opponents with bullshit, which of course is a legitimate strategy in any conflict.

Nice casting cost for a 4/4 Flying.  But you have to poop out something else that same turn, too, so it has some extra cost of a sort.  Still won't come out for a little bit, but if you have a good amount of low casting cost cards in the deck.. then a set of them could be quite efficient.

Last I recall, Blue had a variety of options with the 'Flying' ability.  Though not as much as White's, and notably so when it comes to stronger ones.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on September 07, 2016, 09:28:39 PM

Nice casting cost for a 4/4 Flying.  But you have to poop out something else that same turn, too, so it has some extra cost of a sort.  Still won't come out for a little bit, but if you have a good amount of low casting cost cards in the deck.. then a set of them could be quite efficient.

Last I recall, Blue had a variety of options with the 'Flying' ability.  Though not as much as White's, and notably so when it comes to stronger ones.

Best case scenario is cast a 1 mana spell plus the 3 for the Illusory Angel, which would be a nice economic 4/4 flying creature.  There are many flying options in blue, but only one mono-blue angel.  She must be included on that basis alone.   I'm building an angel beat down deck using this particular angel as my commander.

Not the best commander in the world, but I think the one time I get all of the stars aligned is going to make all of the losing worth while.  I've got around 55 cards or so to pile in the angels and a host of auras and sweet, sweet blue control spells.  I'm pretty sure I can get her to routinely hit 40+ an attack.  Add in some trample, indestructible, hexproof...ah the sweetness of hoping all of my card pulls align. 

Nefaro

I haven't kept up with what cards & sets are allowed in current tournaments in.. oh, almost 20 years.  Hadn't played in at least a decade.  So I have no idea what's out there, and the hordes of cards that aren't allowed in official tourney decks these days. 

One of the last decks I made was White & Black, loaded with Angels & shit.  Intended to steadily grindstone these big mofos from draw deck into graveyard, then cast Resurrection spells to put them into play from graveyard.   ;D  I enjoyed theme decks so it was fun but slow & vulnerable. 

Think I started doing other PC gaming stuff right after that.  Got rid of my old card collection, some of which went back to '94.

Bison

Yeah I don't do competitive tournaments.  We play kitchen table magic where we just slap cards we like into our decks and hope that they play well together.

We play two formats.  Regular old magic - 60 card decks and Commander - 99 cards plus your commander.  It's way more fun and cost effective than trying to keep up with competitive decks in legacy, modern, standard, or commander.

bob48

You're making me want to get the cards out again, Bison :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on September 08, 2016, 04:48:01 PM
You're making me want to get the cards out again, Bison :-)

Do it!  I'm a big fan of Magic the Gathering and deck building games in general.

Silent Disapproval Robot

We still have to get to Star Wars LCG via TableTopSim.  Alien: Legendary Encounters is also very well done in TTS.

Bison

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 08, 2016, 06:01:10 PM
We still have to get to Star Wars LCG via TableTopSim.  Alien: Legendary Encounters is also very well done in TTS.

I know.  I do enjoy the Star Wars LCG too.  And one of my friends from the FLGS introduced me to Netrunner a few weeks back, which another really fun LCG.