What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 18, 2016, 12:22:18 PM
The Arab-Israeli Wars, by AH.  With as many AH games as I owned and played in my youth, I somehow missed this one.  Just got a copy and took it for a test drive. 

I recall picking up Arab-Israeli Wars around the same time I got VG's 2nd Fleet, which was love at first sight.  Enjoyed both of those quite a bit.

Bison

Quote from: GJK on September 18, 2016, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 18, 2016, 04:25:48 PM
The wife and I played several games of MtG last night, as a break from our regular best of three games of Dominion.

As a quick warm-up before your game of ASL I hope.   >:(

When did ASL become a sexual euphemism? 

GJK

It is the sexiest wargame out there.   8)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Ubercat

No. I clipped some very sexy ASL counters earlier tonight, but no. Last Blitzkrieg the first game in the new BCS series has to hold the crown of sexiest wargame for the time being. The Stalingrad, upcoming third game in the series will probably take the crown eventually, but for now it's LB.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

GJK

I enjoy Dean Essig designs and when BCS goes to Stalingrad, I'll be all over that P500.  Bulge just never intrigued me. 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Crossroads on September 18, 2016, 12:48:37 PM

Sweet!!!  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Did you notice my post at the Computer Wargaming forum saying all the AIW situations are now available in Campaign Series Middle East  :)

Thanks for pointing that out.  I just installed the mod.  Will certainly give them a run...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bob48

Since my PC is away being repaired :-{ I have just finished setting up 'Bitter Woods'.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Duke of Earl

On the table today is a battle cry game being used to test out the advanced Vive l'Empereur system. My new twist is to step that system up a notch using corps and army commanders with a random corp activation chit pull. But have the army commanders able to keep an activation out of the pool based on their roll against their rating. Also in the pool are 2 end of turn chits which ends the turn randomly when both are pulled.

Having fun . . .

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Duke of Earl on September 21, 2016, 09:08:32 AMMy new twist is to step that system up a notch using corps and army commanders with a random corp activation chit pull. But have the army commanders able to keep an activation out of the pool based on their roll against their rating.

So when they keep out the activation, is that so it's guaranteed to come up, or guaranteed not to come up?  Just wanting to make sure I understand.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I tried a little (very little) Star Trek Panic last night...good game, playable solo but not good just with one player (really need to control two players at least as a solo player, in order to have a hope in Hell of defeating the hordes that come at the Enterprise). Didn't even finish one mission, but I like that you randomly determine your missions and need to complete five of them to complete your 'five year mission' and win the game.

Nefaro

Just received 3rd printing of Sekigahara

Got some wood block stickering to do in the near future.

Blackndecker

Just wrapped up my first game of D-Day at Peleliu. Alas, not a successful run. Got to turn 9 before the Japanese pulled a card calling for them to stage close contact assaults. The other intense fire positions pushed me over the catastrophic casualty rate... Just could not get Marines off the beach fast enough...

MengJiao

Quote from: Blackndecker on September 28, 2016, 08:07:05 PM
Just wrapped up my first game of D-Day at Peleliu. Alas, not a successful run. Got to turn 9 before the Japanese pulled a card calling for them to stage close contact assaults. The other intense fire positions pushed me over the catastrophic casualty rate... Just could not get Marines off the beach fast enough...

I just started puzzling over Churobosco!

smittyohio

I'm breaking out Labyrinth the War on Terror this morning after I take one of my kids to the orthodontist.  My last game was a little easy, so I'm hoping the bot draws better cards this time.  Great game.   Might have to finally dedicate the time to learn Cuba Libre or Liberty or Death this weekend.

GJK

My copy of VG's Vietnam should arrive today.  I owned that game some time early last century (I think it was) but never actually played it.  Looking forward to trying some of the scenarios.  It's the campaign game that takes a lifetime of investment but I'd love to at least start one some time.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer