What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Use of the phrase last century is rather depressing...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

No shit.  I'm stuck in the 1980s man.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

smittyohio

Woot!   Held on for a victory in Labyrinth through the 2nd deck.   Came 1 short of an auto-victory, but that was really never a possibility.  I got my last 5 "good" resources really late in the game.  Could have easily lost this with a few bad rolls or jihadist events.

ArizonaTank

Kawaguchi's Gamble: Edson's Ridge.  Game just starting. 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I tried out Terraforming Mars at the FLGS today.  It's a pretty interesting game.  Not one I think I'll pick up for myself but I'll definitely give it another go if it hits the table.

While we were playing, a couple game in with some used games they wanted to put on consignment.  One of the games was a virtually untouched copy of GMT's Labyrinth (guy said they tried it once and shelved it) for $40.  It's mine now!!!!

bayonetbrant

for $40, hell yeah!  Great find :)

Silent Disapproval Robot

$40 Canadian dollars even.  (If I weren't paid in the stupid things, it'd be even better!)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2016, 10:09:25 PM
Hey - that was a GARPA game!

And a good one.  For a game with just one scenario It has quite a bit of replay value.  Also, the rules are pretty easy to grasp once you play a few turns.  A good wargame introduction game.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 01, 2016, 11:06:39 PM
I tried out Terraforming Mars at the FLGS today.  It's a pretty interesting game.  Not one I think I'll pick up for myself but I'll definitely give it another go if it hits the table.

I actually looked at this the other day, but like you I don't really feel any need to own a copy.  I'd love to play it, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

W8taminute

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 01, 2016, 10:07:50 PM
Kawaguchi's Gamble: Edson's Ridge.  Game just starting. 

At first glance and having never heard of this game before this one looks like AH Turning Point Stalingrad.  Only set in the Pacific Theater.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk