What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 18, 2016, 01:49:40 PM
Bastards wouldn't play it.  They made me play Five Tribes instead .  I have come to realize that I simply do not like highly abstract Euro games and Five Tribes definitely fits into that category.  Ranks up there with Tigris and Euphrates and Catan for games that make SDR prickly.

Ugh.  Abstract Euro Games.   :knuppel2:   I feel sorry for you, SDR.

To me, they just seem like a fancy but soulless activity of putting puzzle pieces together.  :buck2:  Or, specifically, colored cubes.

BanzaiCat

You grumpy old farts got some issues. Nothing wrong with a Euro game...once in a while, anyway. Not all the bloody time though, so I'm with you on that. But I don't mind trying something once at least.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm quite happy to play a Euro if it's got a bit of theme to it.  We also played Terraforming Mars which I enjoy quite a bit.  It's the more abstract Euros that I don't care for. 

BanzaiCat

I can agree with that - have a bloody theme. The un-themed Euro games with esoteric schemes bore the piss out of me.

GJK

This kinda of chat needs to cease in this thread *right now*! Take that Euro-game crap to BGG or something.   :tickedoff:

Who's playing some ASL this weekend?  Uber - let's get some VASL in next week!!

On my table this weekend?  La Bataille "Les Quatra Bras" (finally).  I've been trying to digest the Regs XXX rules but though it's not complex, it's very dense and so I'm going to go with the Marie-Louise rules to learn the basics.  The M-L rules are what I'd equate to being like the ASL Starter Kit rules to the full ASLRb. 

And yes SDR, I'm still trying to get up to speed on Laby but if you want to send that setup off to someone else that's ready to get jumping on it, I wouldn't blame you.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

YEAH! Gonna play some ADVANCED THIRD REICH while blasting Swedish death metal!  \m/

Maybe that'll get the taste of Agricola out of my mouth.  :bd:

GJK

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2016, 07:49:40 PM
YEAH! Gonna play some ADVANCED THIRD REICH while blasting Swedish death metal!  \m/

Maybe that'll get the taste of Agricola out of my mouth.  :bd:

I like the way you think!  After a few turns, go tell those wimps contemplating spending $70 for that crappy SC:3 game that they should be playing A3R instead if they want to play some grand strategic ETO!   ^-^
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Bison

Tigris and Euphrates is an outstanding game.  You people are fucking heathens. 

BanzaiCat

Tigris and Euphrates has a theme. So does Agricola. I'm cool with those games.

Vague, abstract nonsense is for dudes with elbow patches.

Bison

GJK

Quote from: Bison on November 18, 2016, 09:07:48 PM
Do you hate Go and Chess?

I'd take Go and Chess with an opponent over a silly computer game any day.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

I don't like Go, no. I do enjoy chess though I totally suck at it.

Bison

I enjoy both of them to be honest.  I think in a "desert island" scenario, I'd chose one of these as the game of choice.   As much as I like other games, I know deep down that none of them have the long term replay value of go or chess.

Ubercat

Quote from: GJK on November 18, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
This kinda of chat needs to cease in this thread *right now*! Take that Euro-game crap to BGG or something.   :tickedoff:

Who's playing some ASL this weekend?  Uber - let's get some VASL in next week!!

Just so's you know's this weekend won't work for me, nor will Monday night. I only work until 7PM Tuesday and Wednesday, then I'm off Thursday(Turkey), Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. let me know what of that is good for you.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell