What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

Well done! Raise another generation!  :clap:
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Good stuff Nefaro. 

I spent several hours at Tabletop Games this afternoon ogling the goods.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got Bomber Command out on the table last night for the first time in a long while.  I happened to meet an old wargaming buddy from my college days at a convention a few weeks ago and we have similar tastes in games so that was lucky.  He'd never played Bomber Command before so he took on the role of Luftwaffe commander while I took the RAF.  We did the 1943-Berlin raids scenario.  I thought I was going to do well as the weather was crappy (makes it harder for the Germans to infiltrate the bomber stream) and I drew a target city relatively close to England (Dusseldorf) but he managed to find all my raids right off the bat (I had terrible luck trying to improve British jamming).  I was able to reach the target with only moderate losses but whiffed on the bomb aiming and then he just knocked the hell out of me on the return trip.  Good game but terribly one sided.  I lost 27 bombers and 2 mosquitoes compared to his 9 nightfighters and I only did minor damage to the city.  Really taught those German farmer's fields a lesson though....

Cyrano

It's been a fun couple weeks at work and I've been staring at this creature forever.

So, yeah...

And there was absolutely no way I was buying it without the brass compass.  It's heavy, tight, and very, very, VERY stabby.

I am no big fan of the stickering process, but I love just about every other thing about this game.

Oh, yeah, I got these too...

I just keep staring at them...and rolling them.

In part in horror at some of my horrid stickering and in part at the pleasure of knowing I own a set of honest-to-goodness KS dice.  I think they really are easier than the tables...

Anything that encourages one to KS cannot be bad.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

I like how the dice stickers have their corners pre-clipped!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Yeah... but they are NOT ON STRAIGHT!  :wow: How can you possible use those?!?  :hide:

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on November 24, 2016, 08:33:15 AM
Yeah... but they are NOT ON STRAIGHT!  :wow: How can you possible use those?!?  :hide:

That bothered me too :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on November 24, 2016, 08:33:15 AM

angle the dice

besides, Jim's head isn't exactly on straight, either, and we keep him around, don't we?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Yskonyn

Yanks v2 got its varnish treatment today. They can dry while I clip the last remnants of my Beyond Valor 3rd box.
I've got a new Raaco box waiting for those Americans.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

HoodedHorseJoe

I've been playing a lot of Quartermaster General recently. Saw it at a convention in the UK a few months ago and then just bought it on Amazon. Really enjoying it - the abstraction of the war, the card-based mechanics. Every game is different.

Backed the WW1 version on Kickstarter so hopefully will be getting that soon.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Crossroads

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 24, 2016, 10:16:58 AM

Yanks v2 got its varnish treatment today. They can dry while I clip the last remnants of my Beyond Valor 3rd box.
I've got a new Raaco box waiting for those Americans.

That Teddy Bear is like lovin those fumes, far out duuude  :buck2:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Cyrano

Hardy-har-har...

As if my OCD on that sort of stuff wasn't bad enough.  :hide:

On a more productive note, Command Post recommends a clear coat for the dice.  Any suggestions from the crew?  I've been a Testors guy forever, but wonder what you chit-protectors use.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Quote from: WargamerJoe on November 24, 2016, 11:01:58 AM
I've been playing a lot of Quartermaster General recently. Saw it at a convention in the UK a few months ago and then just bought it on Amazon. Really enjoying it - the abstraction of the war, the card-based mechanics. Every game is different.

Backed the WW1 version on Kickstarter so hopefully will be getting that soon.

I think they're going to join us as a part of the GrogHeads Central Command at Origins in 2017