What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on November 24, 2016, 01:02:45 AM
It's been a fun couple weeks at work and I've been staring at this creature forever.

So, yeah...

And there was absolutely no way I was buying it without the brass compass.  It's heavy, tight, and very, very, VERY stabby.

I am no big fan of the stickering process, but I love just about every other thing about this game.

Oh, yeah, I got these too...

I just keep staring at them...and rolling them.

In part in horror at some of my horrid stickering and in part at the pleasure of knowing I own a set of honest-to-goodness KS dice.  I think they really are easier than the tables...

Anything that encourages one to KS cannot be bad.

The KS dice are on the way here, but I'm referring the game to my wife so she has something to get me for Christmas. Debating if I want the compass or the measuring sticks...or both.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Yskonyn

Quote from: Crossroads on November 24, 2016, 11:25:25 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 24, 2016, 10:16:58 AM

Yanks v2 got its varnish treatment today. They can dry while I clip the last remnants of my Beyond Valor 3rd box.
I've got a new Raaco box waiting for those Americans.

That Teddy Bear is like lovin those fumes, far out duuude  :buck2:

Lol! Didn't even spot that. But yeah, he was being a pain in the ass all day, so I made him suffer.  :2funny:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 24, 2016, 03:58:36 PM

Lol! Didn't even spot that. But yeah, he was being a pain in the ass all day, so I made him suffer.  :2funny:

Sad really. Whatever you made him inhale turned him into a rabbit.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Crossroads

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 24, 2016, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 24, 2016, 03:58:36 PM

Sad really. Whatever you made him inhale turned him into a rabbit.

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

A Famous Victory - Blenheim Scenario. A quasi-historical setup until I learn the system more completely.

Gaming for the rest of 2016. A Famous Victory, Prussia's Glory II, and Battles of the Age of Reason: Fontenoy.

Barthheart

Awesome looking gaming space/man cave Doug! Love the Globe.  :bd:

Bison

Nice man cave.  I'm stuck in a manish corner myself.

Pinetree

Kitchen table for me. I make it manly just by being a manly man........

....Until She Who Must Be Obeyed requires it.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

panzerde

Some more shots of the man cave:

From the door

And the reverse angle.

Library table for reference books while playing and game prep activities, like mangling counters.

Refreshments and curiosities!

I should probably get around to mounting a couple of my swords on the walls someday, but so far I'm too lazy.

Barthheart

Awesome!  O0

Gotta get my sword on the wall too....

Also gotta get me a cool skull for the room.

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on November 26, 2016, 12:40:14 PM
Some more shots of the man cave:

Very nice Doug, we are in awe of your man cave  :notworthy:

Quite the luxury the be able to leave one's games open on the desktop  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on November 26, 2016, 01:27:39 PMAlso gotta get me a cool skull for the room.

the remains of past employees who displeased him....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Righteous looking man cave!

Mine is more of a collection of all the crap that didn't fit in the rest of the house.  Someday, though.  Someday...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on November 26, 2016, 01:27:39 PM
Awesome!  O0

Gotta get my sword on the wall too....

Also gotta get me a cool skull for the room.

You stay the hell away from my skull!  (I'm still using it....)