What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

That is one groovy game room you got there Panzerde. Is that some kind of Australopithecine skull?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 26, 2016, 02:56:44 PM
That is one groovy game room you got there Panzerde. Is that some kind of Australopithecine skull?

Thanks! Yep, that's just exactly what it is. Found it on Amazon a few years back after I saw one similar in a photo of an author's writing room.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2016, 01:59:02 PM
Righteous looking man cave!

Mine is more of a collection of all the crap that didn't fit in the rest of the house.  Someday, though.  Someday...

Been there. Having the kids move out helps. A lot.

You're all invited over to play. I have more scotch.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tried out a 4 player game of Duel in the Dark with the Baby-Blitz expansion (dirty Jerries get to hit Engerlund with V1s and He177 bombers).  I wouldn't recommend playing this game with more than 2.  the multiplayer rules are tacked on and don't work very well.

Ended up being a slaughter.  The Germans blew the hell out of both RAF bomber raids while the RAF mosquitoes were largely impotent for most of the game.

The V1s did a fair amount of damage to London and Weymouth as well although the raids against Birmingham were knocked down.  Hull was bombed by the Griffons lost a few planes to Mossies but gave better than they got.

The group I played with are mainly Euro-gamers and they didn't seem to taken with the title, especially the German guy who was running the RAF bombers.

panzerde

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 26, 2016, 11:34:49 PM
The V1s did a fair amount of damage to London and Weymouth as well although the raids against Birmingham were knocked down.

Once again, Bawb successfully defends Birmingham. Or, it might have been Denise, swatting them out of the air with her frying pan.

The group I played with are mainly Euro-gamers and they didn't seem to taken with the title

That's what you get for slumming!  ;)

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on November 26, 2016, 03:25:04 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 26, 2016, 02:56:44 PM

Thanks! Yep, that's just exactly what it is. Found it on Amazon a few years back after I saw one similar in a photo of an author's writing room.

I can see some Shakespearean moments taking place there, with that skull in one hand, a glass of scotch and a smoking cigar in the other: "To assault, or not, that is the question!"  :notworthy:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bob48

Quote from: panzerde on November 26, 2016, 11:49:00 PM
The V1s did a fair amount of damage to London and Weymouth as well although the raids against Birmingham were knocked down.

Once again, Bawb successfully defends Birmingham. Or, it might have been Denise, swatting them out of the air with her frying pan.

The group I played with are mainly Euro-gamers and they didn't seem to taken with the title

:bd:

'Clip those corners'

bob48

On my table now;

'The Mighty Endeavour' SCS series game from MMP;

AND - Just ordered from Limey Yank Games;

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_tanga.html

'Clip those corners'

panzerde

Quote from: bob48 on November 27, 2016, 01:24:04 PM
On my table now;

'The Mighty Endeavour' SCS series game from MMP;

AND - Just ordered from Limey Yank Games;

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_tanga.html

\m/

DV8

I know this is not a hardcore war game but I got my son to interested in Memoir 44 this weekend.  I'm viewing it as the gateway game to much stronger stuff later.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Nefaro

Quote from: DV8 on November 27, 2016, 01:33:10 PM
I know this is not a hardcore war game but I got my son to interested in Memoir 44 this weekend.  I'm viewing it as the gateway game to much stronger stuff later.

Dunno about the others, but I suspect many of us started with "gateway" games in our youth.   8)   I still enjoy them, too.

Bison

Bison

Quote from: panzerde on November 26, 2016, 11:49:00 PM

#meeplelivesmatter