What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Time to Kill Hitler.... Black Orchestra

GJK

Also not a "hardcore" wargame by any stretch but a fun one- me and my brother played "Fires of Midway" after turkey dinner.  We didn't finish but we had a good time.

Also played Ubercat in ASL this morning (S1: Retaking Vierville) via VASL.  Unfortunately for him, my dice were hot and his didn't get hot soon enough so the Americans were able to keep the town secured from the Germans.  Planning on picking up with S2 on Tuesday.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 27, 2016, 05:05:01 PM
Time to Kill Hitler.... Black Orchestra       

Cool!  I haven't seen nor heard about this one before...checking it out now.  I recently played "The Plot to Assassinate Hitler" and it's not a bad game once the graphics were spruced up.  This one looks to have some RPG elements to it.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

DV8

PanzersEast - That is one gorgeous looking game.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

PanzersEast

Quote from: DV8 on November 27, 2016, 05:19:41 PM

Yes it is!  Beck and Stauffenberg finally devised a plot to poison Hitler with a package.  They gathered the needed material and worked to limit their suspicion. Stauffenberg was able to convince some officers to join the cause which now increased the chances of the plot to succeed.   However, we need Hitler to be in a unsecure location, and at present he was.  Beck and Stauffenberg met in Hannover where Stauffenberg gave the names to Beck of the officers.  Now the stage was set, Beck needed to move into position and then deliver the package..... The Military support for Hitler was also low enough to attempt.  After Stauffenberg's turn Hitler MOVES!  argghhh.  Operation Barbarossa takes off and Hitler moves to Wolfsschanze and we have to abort the attempt and Hitler's Military support increases....

DV8

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 28, 2016, 10:40:10 AM
Quote from: DV8 on November 27, 2016, 05:19:41 PM

Yes it is!  Beck and Stauffenberg finally devised a plot to poison Hitler with a package.  They gathered the needed material and worked to limit their suspicion. Stauffenberg was able to convince some officers to join the cause which now increased the chances of the plot to succeed.   However, we need Hitler to be in a unsecure location, and at present he was.  Beck and Stauffenberg met in Hannover where Stauffenberg gave the names to Beck of the officers.  Now the stage was set, Beck needed to move into position and then deliver the package..... The Military support for Hitler was also low enough to attempt.  After Stauffenberg's turn Hitler MOVES!  argghhh.  Operation Barbarossa takes off and Hitler moves to Wolfsschanze and we have to abort the attempt and Hitler's Military support increases....

The fate of the free world is in your hands.  Don't give up ;-)
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

JudgeDredd

I have sooooo many great games I want to stick on my table...unfortunately, I can't do that and modelling and so I must be patient.

Perhaps I have to look at modelling in the summer (because of the better light) and boardgaming in the winter??

Decisions decisions.  ???
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

Well.... keeping with the WWII theme...

Barthheart

Very cool! Have you played the modern version? I'm interested to hear how they compare.  :dreamer:

PanzersEast

Quote from: Barthheart on November 29, 2016, 11:49:56 AM
Very cool! Have you played the modern version? I'm interested to hear how they compare.  :dreamer:

I do, and have played it quite a bit.  I'll report back after a game or two.  There is a ton of cards... and the miniatures are pretty nice.

Pinetree

Arrived today. Got it in a gift exchange over at BGG.

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Barthheart

Quote from: Pinetree on November 30, 2016, 02:58:39 AM
Arrived today. Got it in a gift exchange over at BGG.

Lucky basturd!  :dreamer:  :notworthy:

bob48

Just received 'Tanga' by Legion Games via Limey-Yank. The components are excellent and I'm really looking forwards to playing this.

I'm hopeful of getting a copy of their 'Dien Bien Phu' game as well.

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 29, 2016, 11:45:47 AM
Well.... keeping with the WWII theme...

I got this from DVG, too...I didn't ask for it (though I did ask for a copy of U-Boat Leader for GH review/possible AAR, which came a bit ago) so it was a nice surprise to see it arrive. I was more than a little surprised at the sheer number of add-on packs...15? 16? Looks like they sent me what you have. :)

I plan on doing an unboxing video as soon as I can...next couple of days, I hope. I'm getting sick of working all the time.

Also have Enemy Coast Ahead, Conquest of Planet Earth, Fortune and Glory - Treasure Hunters expansion, and Shadows of Brimstone - Frontier Town expansion, besides the above two. Wish there was money/careers in just writing about games.  :))

panzerde

Quote from: bob48 on November 30, 2016, 08:57:36 AM
Just received 'Tanga' by Legion Games via Limey-Yank. The components are excellent and I'm really looking forwards to playing this.

I'm hopeful of getting a copy of their 'Dien Bien Phu' game as well.

You need a bigger table.

Time to covert that garage!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres