What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

^ His wife's frying pan collection takes up the rest of the room, I hear.

bob48

Me - 'I need a bigger table'

Mrs.B - - - - 'Glooiiinnngggg'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on November 30, 2016, 10:09:52 AM
Me - 'I need a bigger table'

Mrs.B - - - - 'Glooiiinnngggg'

That's the response I get too.

Bison

Well I discovered this morning that my fear that the maps for Ukraine 43 would not fit on my desk was well founded.  They hang over the edge of the desk by a good 4 or 5 inches.  Quite stressful, but on the bright side both the US Civil War and Normandy 44 fit nicely.  The only issue is that my plexiglass sheet is too small to cover the entire US Civil War map board.

bob48

Ooh. Normandy '44 is a great game - only 1 map but a few charts you need to have at hand as well.

'Clip those corners'

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on November 30, 2016, 11:59:02 AM
Ooh. Normandy '44 is a great game - only 1 map but a few charts you need to have at hand as well.

I'm working my way through the rules again.  I don't mind complex rules but it takes time and usually a few plays for them to click.  :uglystupid2:  I've got the map on the table under plexiglass and the re-enforcement charts ready to receive chits.  I decided to go with Normandy 44 over US Civil War for the time being as my "permanently" setup wargame on my desk.  For no real reason other than I'd like to play the US Civil War in a head to head game whereas I always planned on playing Normandy 44 as a solo game.

I also have read the rules and punched counters for Concordia.  It's a Roman Empire themed economic/resource management euro game and is the next game the wife and I will be playing together.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 29, 2016, 11:45:47 AM
Well.... keeping with the WWII theme...

PE, how many little baggies with markers/figures did you receive? I see five I think in your pic.

Looks like I only received one of them - the markers. Not at ALL looking a gift horse in he mouth, it's just weird since others have posted pics on FB and elsewhere of this awesomeness and they have multiple little baggies.

No biggie - it's pretty cool what they sent.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 01, 2016, 06:49:34 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 29, 2016, 11:45:47 AM
Well.... keeping with the WWII theme...

PE, how many little baggies with markers/figures did you receive? I see five I think in your pic.

Looks like I only received one of them - the markers. Not at ALL looking a gift horse in he mouth, it's just weird since others have posted pics on FB and elsewhere of this awesomeness and they have multiple little baggies.

No biggie - it's pretty cool what they sent.

I received 2 of the Token Packs, and Minis for US, UK, Germany, and Russia.. so six in total. I was a little surprised I received 2 of the token baggies.

BanzaiCat

Cool. I was just thinking an unboxing video isn't going to be as complete as it could be. Still I doubt the figs are needed for gameplay, from what I recall of the other, modern version of the game.*

*Not Brant's

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 01, 2016, 10:41:23 AM
Cool. I was just thinking an unboxing video isn't going to be as complete as it could be. Still I doubt the figs are needed for gameplay, from what I recall of the other, modern version of the game.*

*Not Brant's

The figures are nice, however unpainted they all kind of look the same.... silver soldiers.   I usually opt for the counters to represent the different soldiers/squads.

BanzaiCat

Could probably just substitute A&A figures, too.

mirth

Welp, I have GMT's Silver Bayonet and FAB: Golan on the way now  :crazy2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on December 05, 2016, 02:40:18 PM
Welp, I have GMT's Silver Bayonet and FAB: Golan on the way now  :crazy2:

You should have P500 Silver Bayonet and saved yourself a few bones.

P.S. I'm envious of your purchase, it was a game I'd ogled many times.  I could just never get myself to order as I have so many wargames to play still.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 05, 2016, 02:54:52 PM
You should have P500 Silver Bayonet and saved yourself a few bones.

I'm getting a pretty good deal on it even without the P500 ;)

Quote from: Bison on December 05, 2016, 02:54:52 PM
P.S. I'm envious of your purchase, it was a game I'd ogled many times.  I could just never get myself to order as I have so many wargames to play still.

You really shouldn't let that stop you. I certainly don't :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Arrived today; 'Dien Bien Phu - The Final Gamble' from Legion Games.

'Clip those corners'