What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Bison

Well I'm getting ready to setup the painting station again on the gaming desk, which means I have to tear down Normandy 44 for a bit.../sigh/...I really need a bigger man corner.  I need to convince the wife that I need both a paint station and a game table!

BanzaiCat

I just tried a very short Warfighter WWII game to try to get acclimated to the system (again). Pretty good game but the mission I chose was so short it didn't really let me get too deeply into it, but it did let me hit on most of the main points of the game. I can't remember the name of the Mission, but it was the one that gives you 23 Resources. I selected one Player Soldier and one NPS and loaded out the Player Soldier with an M-1 Carbine, a Bayonet, and three Grenades. The NPS had the Corpsman and Green skills. We went out after a Bunker that was sitting in the third space, so we only had to cross one Location Card. That Mission lets you Recon the first Location Card, and I chose a Road since it had a 0 entry cost.

I screwed up some of the rules but I figured I would (such as letting a Grenadier enter that Road Location Card as a Reinforcement - I didn't check its value versus the Reinforcement values allowed, and he was a tough bastard to get rid of (since he had a skill that let him ignore Suppression results).

All in all a fun game. I want to get more in tune with how it plays and maybe do a how to play/playthrough video of it.

Yskonyn

Quote from: GJK on December 20, 2016, 05:33:33 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 20, 2016, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: GJK on December 20, 2016, 05:24:50 PM
Somebody mention GOD's wargaming gift to us mere mortals?   8)

I must have missed the discussion about Combat Commander.   :bd:

You have to hold the right card in order to play that discussion.  ;)

As an enlightened individual by GJK, showing me THE wargaming path I will stand strong at his side defending ASL's honour! Hush now, all you unbelievers or speak and join the enlightened path!  O:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Bah! ASL is the Scientology of wargaming.  :D

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Scalps harvested from my latest counter trimming session

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

mirth

Wanna know which game they're from?

BanzaiCat

You're going to tell him regardless of his response, aren't you?

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 23, 2016, 08:56:31 AM
You're going to tell him regardless of his response, aren't you?

yes. mwahahahaha!

Barthheart

From the colours I'm guessing Wing Leader Vol. 2.... basturd.  :P

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on December 23, 2016, 09:03:49 AM
From the colours I'm guessing Wing Leader Vol. 2.... basturd.  :P

Good guess! It's Volume 1 actually. Just getting its haircut.

mirth