What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on January 26, 2017, 10:46:08 PMThe conductor will collect your grog card as he passes through the cabin.

says the Flick 'em Up guy  ::)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on January 26, 2017, 10:46:08 PM
5E Tiefling...dear Lord...

The conductor will collect your grog card as he passes through the cabin.

What in the blue hell is this world coming to?

5e Tiefling Monk, you Old Guard button-counting, musket-firing hooligan!

mirth

Quote from: GJK on January 26, 2017, 10:51:33 PM
I don't know if you've seen this link before but I've started to create the tables into DHTML for use as a play-aid for Carrier.  Not all the tables are done and some are a little rough around the edges but I think that I have more detailed air-attack procedures working nicely:

http://www.garykrockover.com/games/carrier/

That's damn cool!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

GJK's pimped that site elsewhere too (notably the Carrier thread I started), but it IS damn cool, and I'd do the same if I made something that sweet.

I gotta read the bloody rules, though, otherwise what's the point of a bunch of automated tables?

Rekim

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 06:47:11 AM
GJK's pimped that site elsewhere too (notably the Carrier thread I started), but it IS damn cool, and I'd do the same if I made something that sweet.

I gotta read the bloody rules, though, otherwise what's the point of a bunch of automated tables?

the good news is that Carrier uses programmed instruction, so your up and playing something before too long. It's a bit of a slog though with 6 or 7 steps to get through before you get the full game going.

BanzaiCat

I figured it would be a slog...an Avalon Hill-ish slog, to be sure. I'll definitely be using GJK's stuff once I get there, though...anything to make it easier.

Cyrano

Well, I certainly can't ban one of the proprietors from Fort Kick-Ass, but I can certainly give him the side-eye.  Curse this lack of side-eye emoji.

And I suppose I best watch out lest that monk punch me square in the knee...

I do rather like being called a hooligan, though.  First time, I think.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Bison

mirth

To teach us about suffering and humility?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on January 27, 2017, 12:55:03 PM
Why are wargames played?

Because it's cheaper than getting a divorce?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 12:56:48 PM
Why are wargames played?

yeah, and when one leads to the other, then what...?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Your games will love you no matter what?

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 27, 2017, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 12:56:48 PM
Why are wargames played?

yeah, and when one leads to the other, then what...?

Make sure you get the games.

Barthheart

Always take the games... and the stereo...

mirth