What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Cyrano

@B_C  :2funny:

@OT:  Years ago, I was compelled to attend a smoking cessation class by my employer (caught me with my occasional cigar).  The nice young lady leading the event was in front of an awfully tough crowd that included, I later discovered, the entire company from one of our fire houses.  At one point in the session, she asked, in her ever-helpful and cheery way, "so, why DO you all smoke?"

A chiselled, grey veteran who I later found out to be a fire captain raised his hand and said, "saving lives, ma'am".

"How so," she replied.

"Well, every time I think to choke a bastard to death, I smoke a cigarette instead.  Twenty to a pack means 20 lives saved."

I cannot improve on his response.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Bison

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 01:17:49 PM
And leave the cat

It was the only one who didn't really care what you did as long as you fed it on time..

GJK

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 06:47:11 AM
I gotta read the bloody rules, though, otherwise what's the point of a bunch of automated tables?

Carrier has a very detailed (and long) sequence of play that covers every possible step (with rules references).  You can almost just go through it step by step and referring to the rules for each step to learn the game.  The online tables will help you resolve the actions in those steps.

My ebook of the rules:
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Is the ebook in the Vassal module?

GJK

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
Is the ebook in the Vassal module?

No, it's something that I made to help learn the game.  Ping me and I can give you a link to download it.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

GJK has a lot of good stuff to share.  I've gotten some ASL stuff from him in the past.

Bison

Heading out the FLGS to play my first game of Eclipse.  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/72125/eclipse

I've wanted to try for quite some time, but the player count and game length have always been a deterrent.  Not today.  I'm hunkering down for a good 4-5 hours to play the game.

bayonetbrant

Cool!  Take pix and let us know how it goes :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

mirth

Pic from my local group's Friday night game. We were using the Baroque rules based on the Impetus system - http://www.dadiepiombo.it/english-baroque.html

Those are two units of Reiters, under my command,  charging into a unit of Imperial Lancers (we're fighting at a ford not in the river ;) ). The Lancers had previously pushed across the river, but went disordered on a bad die roll. That stopped them within range of my Reiters which charged, pushed them back to the ford and then followed up to hit them again at the ford. The Lancers were close to breaking at that point and withdrew. I was lucky and able to pull the Reiters back with minimal casualties from the infantry on the flanks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Hey now - you're going to make Nevermore jealous!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I can't take any credit for the figs or terrain. I just pushed the minis and nitpicked the rules.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 29, 2017, 02:24:20 PM
Pic from my local group's Friday night game. We were using the Baroque rules based on the Impetus system - http://www.dadiepiombo.it/english-baroque.html

What is it they say about those rules...?

If they're not Baroque, don't fix 'em!