What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

And now we have a GM for Fields of Despair at Origins! :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I have got to learn to keep quiet about what games I play.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rekim

the map I am using at the moment has the opposite effect going on, extra small hexes. I came across some remarks from the artist, who had sold the map to a publisher, that they shrunk it down for printing. It looks pretty sweet otherwise. Should be worth the extra effort.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I'm quite sad that the map is not viewable for me.  I wanted some intense today too!

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 02, 2017, 04:18:59 PM
I'm quite sad that the map is not viewable for me.  I wanted some intense today too!

I'm not seeing it now either. Weird.

Bison

Actually your block game post makes me want to get Hammer of the Scots.  I know not hardcore wargaming, but it always looked like it'd be a fun, lighter game.

mirth

I have a copy of that somewhere. One of the first board games I bought since getting back into the hobby.

GJK

Quote from: Rekim on February 02, 2017, 12:36:19 PM
the map I am using at the moment has the opposite effect going on, extra small hexes. I came across some remarks from the artist, who had sold the map to a publisher, that they shrunk it down for printing. It looks pretty sweet otherwise. Should be worth the extra effort.

CH makes some very nice looking maps, no doubt.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

I think my goal is to get El Grande on the table tonight or Sunday.  Tomorrow I'm going to Table Top games and blowing a gift card I got for Christmas.  I'm just not sure on what yet.  I am tempted by Heroes of Normandie and a few other lighter games.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Our group played Terraforming Mars again last night.  Awesome game!  I've played about half a dozen times so far and it still feels like it's got a lot to offer.

I was supposed to play Tide of Iron today but we got a good dumping of snow this morning and Vancouver doesn't cope well with snow so it's been postponed again.  The dates seem to really want to prevent me from playing this one.  That's the 4th time I had a game of it scheduled and the 4th cancellation.

Bison

I want to play Terraforming Mars.  Good to hear you think it's good.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 03:12:45 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 03, 2017, 02:23:18 PM
I'm just not sure on what yet.

Munchkin?

We have Munchin Legends.  I'm actually considering Kemet or Cyclades.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bison, if you're looking for something lighter, I played one last week that I was sure I wasn't going to care for but ended up quite enjoying.  It's called Great Western Trail.  you play as a rancher and you have to drive your herd from Texas to Kansas City and then ship them off by train as far as San Francisco.  It was fun and the rules were fairly simple.  The only real negative I felt was that it took a little too long to play out.  I'm generally a fan of longer games but for one of this complexity, I think they could have shortened it up a bit. 

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/193738/great-western-trail