What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'll have to watch a video on it. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2017, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 03, 2017, 04:00:33 PM

And then buy it :P

I'm a responsible adult.  I'll watch three videos, read multiple written reviews, and then read some forum threads before I start the process of putting it into online shopping carts for the next three weeks.  I may then consider purchasing it after I've made a few impulse dice purchases.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 03, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

I'm a responsible adult.  I'll watch three videos, read multiple written reviews, and then read some forum threads before I start the process of putting it into online shopping carts for the next three weeks.  I may then consider purchasing it after I've made a few impulse dice purchases.

Ah yes. Now I'm remembering your decision making process for buying a game console.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2017, 05:07:41 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 03, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

Ah yes. Now I'm remembering your decision making process for buying a game console.

he bought a Wii.  Let's not put too much stock in his purchase decision process
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on February 03, 2017, 07:12:25 PM
It is a Wii U.

That's sort of like saying, "I'm not a bitch, I'm a LITTLE bitch."

Not that YOU are, Bison. I'm just sayin'.  :D

mirth

I didn't say he made a good choice. I was just recalling how effed up the decision tree was.

Bison

mirth

If only it were that straightforward.

Bison

Well there I was oogling Bloodrage when the daughter wanted me to go look at RPG books...needless to say I left with about 10 or 11 used books. 

mirth

Bison

/sigh/  Ain't that the truth.  I did get 1e MM2, fiend folio, wilderness and dungeon guides, oriental adventures, dietis and demigods,  dragon lance and Castles and Crusades player handbook, monsters and treasures, castle keep guide.  I think I missed one or two.  Jesus I'm a sucker for good, cheap used books.

Bison

Well I finally got my copy of Scythe yesterday.  Its a gorgeous game.  The art is superb and the components in particular the minis are fantastic.  I've read the rules and the automation rules for solo game play.  Of course the problem is I need to clear all of my miniatures painting supplies off of my desk to setup and play the game.  I really need two separate tables.  One for painting and one for gaming.

Example of the art.  The image is from BGG.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on February 04, 2017, 06:52:51 PM
Well there I was oogling Bloodrage when the daughter wanted me to go look at RPG books...needless to say I left with about 10 or 11 used books. 

FLGS?  Or online?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers