What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Watched some playthrough and explanation videos for Fleet Captains and got all the tokens and card decks organized. I won't play it until tomorrow, but I definitely like the look and sound of the game. I suspect this will end with me trying to track down the Dominion expansion.  :buck2: ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 24, 2017, 12:04:22 AM
Watched some playthrough and explanation videos for Fleet Captains and got all the tokens and card decks organized. I won't play it until tomorrow, but I definitely like the look and sound of the game. I suspect this will end with me trying to track down the Dominion expansion.  :buck2: ;D

Painted most of my Klingon ships, but still haven't played it.  Once I start painting minis for a game, I tend to wanna finish the painting before playing.  Which leaves them in limbo for ages.

Still have to do the Fed and Romulan ships.  Never picked up the Dominion expansion since I hadn't yet played and didn't know if I'd ever have more than 2 or 3 playing at once anyhow. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I might be a bigger game whore than he is.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Saw Silver Bayonet being played at Game On! a couple for weekends ago. Looks fantastic.

Will have to try and get a copy at Origins.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on February 26, 2017, 01:01:40 PM
I might be a bigger game whore than he is.

Is that supposed to be a challenge?

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on February 26, 2017, 01:53:07 PM
The map is gorgeous.

Understatement of the year!

Had a look at the BGG game info. Wow!  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Damn you guys, now I just need to order that game. Not that I don't have a few games queued up to be played already I haven't had the time yet.

Quote*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

There's that, of course.  O:-)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Bison

Well my will is crumbling in the face of what is acclaimed to be the best Star Wars strategic level game ever made....Star Wars Rebellion.   Do I need it?  No.  But I have a discount coupon at the FLGS that will knock the price down to amazon levels... How in good conscience can I let such a coupon remain unused?

mirth

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on February 28, 2017, 12:23:05 PM
Well my will is crumbling in the face of what is acclaimed to be the best Star Wars strategic level game ever made....Star Wars Rebellion.   Do I need it?  No.  But I have a discount coupon at the FLGS that will knock the price down to amazon levels... How in good conscience can I let such a coupon remain unused?

DO EEEEET

It's a fantastic game.

Bison

Damn straight.  I knew my compulsive consumerist behaviors would find validation here.

mirth