What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm always going to enable anyone when it comes to board game purchases, especially when I own it already.

Bison

The real problem I facing right now is storage space to leave the board setup.  It's a monster board with a ton of game bits.

mirth

It's cute that you think you're gonna play it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Who said play it?  I'm going to fondle and rub the bits...oh wait...

Crossroads

Quote from: Bison on February 28, 2017, 12:32:28 PM
Who said play it?  I'm going to fondle and rub the bits...oh wait...

I pondered for the longest time whether to buy SWR or Warfighter as something to play with kids. Like they would play with the old folks.

Besides, I haven't had time to play it myself yet either.

I have fondled its bits a few times though. Mmm...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 28, 2017, 12:25:19 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 28, 2017, 12:23:05 PM
Well my will is crumbling in the face of what is acclaimed to be the best Star Wars strategic level game ever made....Star Wars Rebellion.   Do I need it?  No.  But I have a discount coupon at the FLGS that will knock the price down to amazon levels... How in good conscience can I let such a coupon remain unused?

DO EEEEET

It's a fantastic game.

*cough*  Not that we ever played.....

Bison

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, that was the plan.  W8aminute and I are also trying to get a TTS game of it going but no luck so far.

BanzaiCat

Sorry, SDR. If it wasn't one thing it was another, and the past few weeks have been crazy at home and at work (in good ways, but still). I've had little time for board games. Hell, I brought four of the things with me to the UK but I never was able to crack one open.

bob48

On the table now - I'm playing 'The Battle of Tanga, 1914' from Legion Games, and 'Hold the Line - Fredericks War' on Vassal with Doug.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bob48 on February 28, 2017, 04:54:29 PM
On the table now - I'm playing 'The Battle of Tanga, 1914' from Legion Games, and 'Hold the Line - Fredericks War' on Vassal with Doug.

Tanga sounds interesting.  What are your impressions?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bob48

Its good. A very unusual and an interesting subject. The games production standards are some of the best I've ever seen from any publisher. One word of caution though - if you do buy it, download the latest rules and errata as there are a few grey areas within the rules. Not the best laid out rule set I've played. but by no means the worst. If you want something a bit different, then I would recommend this without hesitation.

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_tanga.html
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Well the kids and I fought for control of the galaxy last night.  I cannot believe I waited so long to get Rebellion.  It's fantastic.  I just wish fantasy flight would put a modicum of effort into creating some sort of insert or storage solution for their games.

ArizonaTank

Worthington Games, Guns of Galicia, designed by John Gorkowski

September 1914, Turn 3, three Russian armies attempt to crush two Austrian Hungarian armies outside of Lemburg.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers