What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 04, 2017, 04:30:33 PM

Oh noes!   :hide:

I debated getting a feline birdnapper awhile back. 

But then I recalled how often the household cat, back in childhood, would constantly wreck my tabletop games any time I was out of the room.   :arr:

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Got in a game of Blood Rage yesterday at the FLGS.  Really fun game and the minis are pretty epic.

bob48

Just setting up 'Dien Bien Phu' for a run through.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

And now just got a copy of 'Mercury / Market Garden' from Worthington. Its quite an old game now and has been out of print for a while.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tinkershuffle

My pre-birthday present to myself. Not yet on table but hopefully soon!

Crossroads

Miniature wargaming doesn't get any hotter than with Subbuteo right  :knuppel2:

Bought this set from Pete @ subbuteoworld.co.uk like fifteen years ago, they've been superb with their service. Ordered a few accessories, teams etc.

I recall my set I got as a christmas gift when I was like seven or something. Went on to spend most of my money on it then, had battery operated floodlights, the lot.  :smitten:

I've had no success with wargaming yet with my kids, should have remembered this is the set that gets their attention. Game on! This will get nasty soon  >:D

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on March 11, 2017, 03:26:36 AM

HB young man  <:-)

Let us have a game once you're up and running with the rules? My March looks quite impossible, but come April I should have more time for boardgaming again.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on March 11, 2017, 03:26:36 AM

Team game at Origins this year :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: Crossroads on March 11, 2017, 11:16:37 AM

HB young man  <:-)

Let us have a game once you're up and running with the rules? My March looks quite impossible, but come April I should have more time for boardgaming again.

Yeah, April looks promising also in my calender. :)

Nefaro

3rd Edition High Frontier Kickstarter came in today.

... now to read the long treatises on the myriad ways to colonize & build the solar system.  Because: gaming rocket science.    8) 
Um in yer water deposits, pillagin yer hydrogen.

This thing is fookeen heavy.  Like ~11 pounds.  Big six-panel boards.  Gonna take half a year to read all the manuals.   <:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

;D

Nice BRRRThumb, Brant.   :bd:

Barthheart

That looks awesome. I was so tempted to get in on that KS.... but there's no way in hell im getting my game group to play it.....