What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Nice.  I'll be waiting for your impressions.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've already played the store's demo copy about 7-8 times.  Great game!

Bison

Cool.  I've heard really good things about it.

acctingman

Just getting back into Heroclix myself. Got a couple co-workers hooked now too. We're meeting every Wednesday at work and playing at lunch!  :bd:

Nefaro

Quote from: acctingman on March 27, 2017, 12:47:01 PM
Just getting back into Heroclix myself. Got a couple co-workers hooked now too. We're meeting every Wednesday at work and playing at lunch!  :bd:

I did some of that back when it first came out (2002?).  Definitely enjoyable and, thankfully, didn't require bookkeeping.  Which was obviously one of it's big Pros.

Picked up a variety of them a few years ago, anticipating some quick casual games.  I don't recall the average 200-500pt game taking very long, so it seemed nice for relative quickies.  Still haven't played since long ago.  The releases, since then, seem to have had a big leap in power so the old Marvel ones are pretty damn weak compared to the later editions. 

However, I'm also planning on getting dual use out of them.  I have both Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Ed and ICONS RPGs.  They are most likely to get used in a 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 player supers RPG.  Can see them working great for small groups, and drop in/out, with steady action.  ICONS has random tables for hero generation, and minimal rules, so it'd also be good as a gateway for youngsters which is probably how I'll use it. 

CSI has $15 bags of 100 Random Heroclix minis (with no cards).  I grabbed one of those, for the RPG purpose, and was happy with the mix since many were obscure enough that most people wouldn't have preconceptions.

acctingman

Yea, the older dials are near worthless when playing against the newer dials. I sold off my collection several years ago and regretted it. Bought a local collection, sold off what I didn't need and the proceeds from that were enough to cover what I wanted and some extra $$ for my WW2 mini's venture.

It's a fun and faced paced game that doesn't take too long to play and the replay-ability is immense.

I'm in the process of making some 3D terrain for our clix games!  :bd:

bayonetbrant

You can pick up a crap-ton of HeroClix cheap at Origins.  I got a bunch and put them on GW bases and just threw out the HeroClix bases, and I got about ≈150 figs for about $25 or so.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 28, 2017, 02:22:58 PM
You can pick up a crap-ton of HeroClix cheap at Origins.

You are utterly shameless :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

That Moose Count is never going to be finished.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: mirth on March 28, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

Yes but doesn't picking up heroclix minis without the heroclix bases sort of defeat the purpose of playing the actual heroclix game?

bayonetbrant

The ones you buy there all have the bases.  I made the choice to cut the bases off of the ones I bought to use for more general RPG minis.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on March 28, 2017, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: mirth on March 28, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

Yes but doesn't picking up heroclix minis without the heroclix bases sort of defeat the purpose of playing the actual heroclix game?

The shameless part is pimping Origins. I don't care what he does with his Heroclix minis. At least he's buying minis :P

Bison

I have minis too!  Blood Rage, Scythe, various Reaper Bones minis, Imperial Assault, etc...

mirth

Quote from: Bison on March 28, 2017, 05:38:48 PM
I have minis too!  Blood Rage, Scythe, various Reaper Bones minis, Imperial Assault, etc...

Yes, yes. You're an official Grogheads Game Whore. Don't be jelly.