What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Yeah... I really need to learn the v2 rule for Wing Leader... and maybe one of the new scenarios...

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2017, 06:00:56 PM
Yeah... I really need to learn the v2 rule for Wing Leader... and maybe one of the new scenarios...

You and me both :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2017, 06:00:56 PM

This sounds like a job for PBEM!

Barthheart

Spent most of the day learning and playing D-Day at Omaha Beach (thanks again B_C  O0).

Great fun, and HARD! Very cool diceless system. Starts slow and feels like you are not in control of much then you are in control but are fighting against a very determined defender. Standing on the beach is deadly but getting out of cover and off the beach is just as deadly. First it's just the bunkers and strong points cutting your men to bits, then the arty starts landing on the beach and blasting landing craft, tanks and men alike.

Very cool game.  O0

Bison

The kids have been on a dixit tear lately.  Not my favorite, but way better than apples to apples.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Barthheart on April 17, 2017, 03:26:36 PM
Spent most of the day learning and playing D-Day at Omaha Beach (thanks again B_C  O0).

Great fun, and HARD! Very cool diceless system. Starts slow and feels like you are not in control of much then you are in control but are fighting against a very determined defender. Standing on the beach is deadly but getting out of cover and off the beach is just as deadly. First it's just the bunkers and strong points cutting your men to bits, then the arty starts landing on the beach and blasting landing craft, tanks and men alike.

Very cool game.  O0

When I play it, I almost feel like there is a real person playing the Germans. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 18, 2017, 07:04:38 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 17, 2017, 03:26:36 PM

Very cool game.  O0

When I play it, I almost feel like there is a real person playing the Germans.

Yeah... and he's a basturd!  >:(  ;)

smittyohio

Taking the bots out for a spin in the training scenario in Churchill... End of the first conference.  I'm sure I didn't play some of the conference quite correctly, but it's starting to make sense.   I'm not 100% sure I am going to enjoy the bots in this as much as the COIN games or Labyrinth, but they might grow on me.  In some ways I'd almost rather it have a separate mechanism to determine how the bot handles issues, instead of having you make judgements based on the cards, but we'll see.

BanzaiCat

You're welcome, Barth. Glad you're enjoying it. I've yet to get it to the table...that, and the Tarawa one too.

I'll be getting B-17 Flying Fortress Leader to the table soon...been reading the rules since the unboxing article and it's got a lot of cool content to it.

Also have an order in for Legendary Encounters Firefly. I almost got the Alien version, even looked at the Marvel and Big Trouble in Little China versions, but Firefly appealed the most. Depending on its weight and size I might take it with me to the UK. Definitely need to bring Cruel Necessity at least.

bob48

Nothing on my tab le at the moment. I could do with a good North Africa campaign game. :dreamer:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bob48 on April 24, 2017, 03:49:21 PM
Nothing on my tab le at the moment. I could do with a good North Africa campaign game. :dreamer:

Yes, I have that Afrika Korps itch as well...I managed to bag a copy of S&T #300 - Desert Fox Deluxe.  Basically all of the old SPI/S&T Desert Fox games, updated and integrated....600 counters, 6 maps, 10 mile hexes.  Good thing there is a vassal module, because the board is literally too long for my table.

Unfortunately plowing through a couple of other games first...but definitely working on DFD.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bob48

Desert Fox was indeed an excellent game. I'm keeping an eye on the new game from GMT, 'The Dark Sands' which looks interesting. I have also been tempted to buy 'Blood & Sand' , but its maybe a little too simplistic.

http://grogheads.com/?cat=18 GARPA (see BB, I do read it).

'Clip those corners'

mirth

What's that link? Looks sketchy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bob48

'Clip those corners'

mirth