What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 27, 2017, 01:26:14 PM
Are those the ones where you have to use counters that have been clipped?

Locked'n Loaded! And no pun intended, as the cards are now sleeved as well  :smitten:

Which sleeves are those? I think I need some.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Anyone who wants a taste of what the LnLT Solo module is and how it works should watch this guys vids:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/64456/lock-n-load-solo-or-not-solo-question

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/64615/all-you-have-do-fall-love-play-game

Part one is just an intro and he does get a bit side tracked with thinking he has too much to do for the AI. But the 2nd and 3rd parts are him playing it and having fun.

Crossroads

Quote from: bbmike on April 27, 2017, 02:06:19 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 27, 2017, 01:26:14 PM
Are those the ones where you have to use counters that have been clipped?

Locked'n Loaded! And no pun intended, as the cards are now sleeved as well  :smitten:

The game shop I visited had only Ultimate Guard Precise Fit Sleeves, so that's what they are. Was an easy choice then  :D

A pack of 100 sleeves was EUR3.00 so bought a few packs while at it. Tight fit as promised, I am sure there're may be fancier ones around too, but for getting the job done these are quite nice.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 02:16:08 PM
Anyone who wants a taste of what the LnLT Solo module is and how it works should watch this guys vids:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/64456/lock-n-load-solo-or-not-solo-question

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/64615/all-you-have-do-fall-love-play-game

Part one is just an intro and he does get a bit side tracked with thinking he has too much to do for the AI. But the 2nd and 3rd parts are him playing it and having fun.

Ah remember these, I tried part one but got bored pretty quickly. I thought I procrastinate at times... Sheesh

I'll give them another shot then  ;D

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Pinetree

Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 02:16:08 PM

Ah remember these, I tried part one but got bored pretty quickly. I thought I procrastinate at times... Sheesh

I'll give them another shot then  ;D
I was the same, but persevere with them and the 2nd and 3rd videos are actually quite good in showing how the AI will work. I'm really looking forward to playing this with Heroes of the Nam and Heroes of North Africa. Once Fields of Fire 2nd Edition comes out later on, it's going to be a great year for solo tactical gaming.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

At this point in my life I have come to abhor solo gaming as it reminds me of time I could be spending with people.  Even the short messages that come in PBEMs from PanzerDe, Boggit, and others are strangely affirming that, yeah, there's life outside the nonsense that passes itself off as life.

That said, I play tested the LnL system and can say it works very well, giving a credible opponent without being an exercise in excessive dice-rolling.  I was surprised it worked as well with "Day of Heroes" as it did, what as that game uses squares and not hexes.

One intriguing side effect was it helped my beloved, who I roped into helping me "run" the A.I. as I learned it, understand what the LnL system is "getting at" and how to play it better.

Recommended.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 02:28:55 PM

The game shop I visited had only Ultimate Guard Precise Fit Sleeves, so that's what they are. Was an easy choice then  :D

A pack of 100 sleeves was EUR3.00 so bought a few packs while at it. Tight fit as promised, I am sure there're may be fancier ones around too, but for getting the job done these are quite nice.

KMC also makes those thin "perfect fit" ones. 

Would shop around for a bulk deal on card sleeves.  At least bundles of 10.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 02:26:54 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 02:28:55 PM

KMC also makes those thin "perfect fit" ones. 

Would shop around for a bulk deal on card sleeves.  At least bundles of 10.

The only issue with tight fit sleeves is that they generally leave the top of the card exposed.

panzerde

Quote from: Bison on April 28, 2017, 03:10:44 PM

The only issue with tight fit sleeves is that they generally leave the top of the card exposed.

That's what she said.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Quote from: panzerde on April 28, 2017, 03:33:38 PM

That's what she said.

I knew it wouldn't take long for this conversation to go south.  :))

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on April 28, 2017, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: panzerde on April 28, 2017, 03:33:38 PM

That's what she said.

I knew it wouldn't take long for this conversation to go south.  :))

That's what she said (looking down)!

bob48

That's what Gus said (looking up).
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Happy (belated) birthday me  :hug:  The smell of a new wargame in the morning ...

bob48

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the new game  <:-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Quote from: bob48 on May 09, 2017, 05:12:08 AM
Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the new game  <:-)

Thanks  :) We have a first session set for this Thursday, should be fun!