What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'm a FFG clear sleeve junkie.  I should just buy packs of them in bulk.  152 cards so 3 packs plus 2 extra sleeves.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Bison on May 27, 2017, 08:33:56 AM
Nice shot JD.  Is there a way to jerry rig a clamp onto the bottom?  Right now I've got a sheet covered folding table that I swiped from the wife's sewing room for a gaming table.  :(
It's fairly stable to be honest. I could actually put a couple of wood screws through the bottom. It's not a "wanted" table.
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 27, 2017, 11:44:40 AM
Nice shot JD.  Is there a way to jerry rig a clamp onto the bottom?  Right now I've got a sheet covered folding table that I swiped from the wife's sewing room for a gaming table.  :(
It's fairly stable to be honest. I could actually put a couple of wood screws through the bottom. It's not a "wanted" table.

Sounds a bit painful.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

I was thinking or like screwing a could of 2x4 pieces in the bottom of the board and then using a couple of small clamps to hold it to the table.

bob48

On the table now, 'Clash of Giants: Civil War', and waiting on the side-lines is 'Position Magnifique, The battle of Mars-la-Tour, 1870'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on May 27, 2017, 12:56:43 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 27, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

Sounds a bit painful.
ouch!
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Basing the Coral Sea Battleset from Topside Minis

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

I ordered one of the free Topside Minis samples. The artwork is pretty nice.

I was wondering about mounting the Topside Minis to magnetic vinyl sheets, the kind for making fridge magnets in your printer. Then you could have your battles on a big piece of sheetmetal hanging on the wall.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

You could. Have to be a big piece of sheet metal though.

It's hard to argue with the laser cut wood bases they provide. The Coral Sea set is both full OOBs (134 units). With the bases and including shipping, total cost was $72.50.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Those look cool! Bringem to Origins!  :bd:

bayonetbrant

Munchkin Steampunk hitting the table here this weekend :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

You're going to Origins to play wargames and you want Brant to bring Steampunk Munchkin? 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on May 28, 2017, 09:37:59 PM
You're going to Origins to play wargames and you want Brant to bring Steampunk Munchkin? 

You're calling someone out for not playing wargames?

Bison

Quote from: mirth on May 29, 2017, 06:00:24 AM
Quote from: Bison on May 28, 2017, 09:37:59 PM

You're calling someone out for not playing wargames?

Yes.  Everyone who is anyone knows that the original Munchkin is a much better wargame.