Friday Gaming - the Guy Fawkes setting fire to **** + launching fireworks thread

Started by undercovergeek, November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

I plan to squeeze more goodness from the Team Fortress 2 Halloween event while it continues to exist.

Probably continue with Torchlight II.

And...I dunno. I'll likely continue making my way through other installed games that I haven't gotten to trying yet. Must remove the chaff!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 02, 2012, 07:43:43 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
^I went from maybe 2 or 3 hours played since release, to 15 hours played in the last 2 days.  Its a great game now...105 turns into my current campaign, and I haven't even made first contact with a major alien empire, so no diplomacy as of yet.  But I love the research, survey, colonize, fleet and combat options so far.  its definitely got that "just one more turn" hook into me.

I just checked my Steam account and I have only had 7 minutes logged in it:)  I will certainly give it more of a try now...thanks again.

My pleasure...let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

Well, my experience has not been good so far....I can't even get into the game.  In the past, I could at least get in.  It just locks up on the loading screen and never lets me in.  I tried unintalling and reinstalling, plus verifiying the cache, no luck.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2012, 08:05:14 AM
I will be attempting to get in and out of NYC to help a good friend who has last his house. If I suck at this game it is going to get ugly...for me.

I'm sorry I missed this yesterday Gus  :(. I hope you were able to get your friend into a better situation, even if temporary. I hope you are safe and back home when you read this.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

done the fireworks, and played 1404, and nothing else, awesome game, love zooming in and just watching the town at work

Huw the Poo

That's 2/2 Geek!  I am your gaming muse! ;)

There's an expansion available too, but to be honest there's so much packed into the base game already that I never felt compelled to get it.  Glad you're enjoying.

undercovergeek

lol, yeah

playing the campaign at the mo to get used to the interface and different buildings then cracking open the continuous play sand box job

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 02, 2012, 08:41:05 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM
Ill be:-

CMBN/FI PBEMing
CKII Parma AAR-ing for the front page
CKII Brandenburging

Sounds good.  I will be playing Crecy Men of Iron Style and probably CarrierCommand and maybe CKII and AJE.

But no!  I did play Crecy, but the big game of the weekend was Moscow '42.  First Shock Army punched through a gaggle of panzer divisions.  It's a frozen nightmare: 3000 dead elite panzer troops, 150 elite guns gone, dozens of panzers knocked out by a zoo of
Russian T-26s, BT-7s, KV-1s, light tanks, aerosleighs, T-34s (5 of them!).  At one point, 38 poorly-trained and ill-equiped Russian Sappers obliterated 5 88s in improved positions.  The endless horror of it all never ended.  In fact its still going on sort of or will be as soon as
I restart the game.

Tuna

Friday I spent some time checking out the Warlock: Master of the Arcane demo.. My laptop didn't do to will with it..
Finished off with some Rome Total War.

Yesterday put a lot of time into Napoleon Total War .. then finished up with a lil Civ V before retiring to do some catchup on the DVR..

LongBlade

Quote from: Tuna on November 05, 2012, 11:39:57 AM
Friday I spent some time checking out the Warlock: Master of the Arcane demo.. My laptop didn't do to will with it..

Sorry to hear that. It's a great game.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.