Army Editor Tooltip for Close Combat is problematic

Started by Quartermaster, August 16, 2018, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartermaster

Tooltip works well for the other selections but for Close Combat it is difficult to get this to display - only seems to work on the very right edge of the box - before you run into the DELETE box.

Andy ONeill

I can't reproduce this issue.
(Sorry).
This is just a textbox like the others. Unlike say the accuracies, it's a fairly simple single control and nothing overlaying anything else.
I can't work out what's going on.
Tooltips only appear when you're not moving the mouse and then only for a fairly short period of time.
The idea being that they should not be too intrusive.
Once you've seen a tooltip the first time you probably aren't interested again.

For what it's worth....
I tested on both my win 10 machine and my ( junk ) win 7.
I can see the tooltip appear when the cursor is anywhere over the textbox.
I took a picture with my mobile:

Quartermaster

Andy, your screen looks a little different from mine, the paste and delete "boxes" are lower down the page in your screen capture then on mine when they overlap the close combat box

Andy ONeill

If they're overlapping then that'd be the problem.
Your display settings have a lower height than the window is designed  to work with.
I have a fix for that in place which will be delivered next drop.
The two columns of edit controls in the right panel are now in scrollviewers.
You'd see no difference if the content fits OK but scroll bars will appear if there's not enough space.
You can then at least scroll up or down rather than stuff disappearing behind other controls.
In this window grab I've made the window smaller by dragging the bottom right corner up in order to show what it'll look like.
The grey bar is a slider you can drag up and down ( obviously ).

Is the text very big on your monitor?

Quartermaster