Sea Legends by Naval Actions devs now available to wishlist on steam

Started by Destraex, Yesterday at 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Sea Legends is finally on steam to be wishlisted.
This game has been in the pipeline for many years now and is by the same devs as naval action.
I love the concept of a more detailed ship interior than naval action, but at the same time the role of Naval Officer's closest facsimile is Privateer Captain. Because of this ship sizes will be more like sloop size or smaller probably up to a maximum of frigate.
You won't be collecting ships in this one and there seems to be no multiplayer support. I remember originally the devs mentioning originally that some pvp elements like drop in enemy players may be present but no mention of any multiplayer feature at all.

This thing after all these years is still goong to be early access and their boarding mechanics (which were a sore point in naval action) will be kept a secret until it is out of early access.
The game is now slated as a traditional no instances self contained game.

I am pretty excited about this one still because I am pretty sure they will do an amazing job with the ships over and above what naval action already did very well. I hope we will be pulling individual sails up and down because sea legends is described as a simulator.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368050/Sea_Legends/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Looks pretty good, I don't mind the single player focus, but I'd at least think there should be the ability to coop with friends.  Look how much play helldivers gets with it's pve coop. 

The boarding will have to be fps combat, I'm sorry but if we're going to be doing things with more sim level focus, how is boarding going to be some rock, paper, scissors mini game ?

Still, I look forward to see what the come up with. 

Gusington

Trailer didn't really show much but I am a Game Labs fanboi. I hope there are coastal fortifications players can bombard and duel with. The mention of 'pure single player' warms the cold ashes of my gaming heart.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd