Main Menu

Zero Hour

Started by Jarhead0331, February 14, 2021, 09:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

So this little indie game out of Bangladesh of all places is supposedly pretty damn good and it is being hailed as the closest thing to SWAT 4 since...SWAT 4. Its still under development, but making strong progress. It is presently on sale at 40% off for a total of $7.19. Anybody have any interest in picking up to play?

It has co-op squads against the enemy AI with strong pre-mission planning options and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

So...any takers?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1359090/Zero_Hour/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Woah.  At $7 I can't say no to a SWAT successor.  I'll take one for the team  :knuppel2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on February 14, 2021, 09:09:15 PM
Woah.  At $7 I can't say no to a SWAT successor.  I'll take one for the team  :knuppel2:

Nice...I don't think I have you on steam. What's your name?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Same as on here, without the underscore.  I think I added a URL to the Steam users thread.  Shoot me an invite.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Holy shitballs. What game engine are they using?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jarhead0331

Cooool. We need one more for a complete GH squad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

I bought in, but winter weather around here could easily nix playing time at any time until next week.  :pullhair:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

In other words, I think it's a good idea to have seven or eight GHs for the squad, to adjust for availability.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2021, 11:50:45 AM
In other words, I think it's a good idea to have seven or eight GHs for the squad, to adjust for availability.  O:-)

More is always better...but this initial elite team of GH super tier 1 operatives is very promising.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

The enemy AI seems fairly janky at the moment, but this has a ton of potential and I love the basic mechanics.  Anybody tried PVP yet?

The game is tough as balls in solo and definitely brings back that strong SWAT 4 nostalgia.   :smitten:

- MengJiao

al_infierno

Holy crap, the MAC-10 clone is a LOT of fun.  Spraying people down is so goddang satisfying.   :knuppel2:

- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

God damn these missions are hard!

I finally cracked the first one. A buddy and I played last night and it gave me a few ideas.  Solo'd it this morning and was able to beat the first level.   90/100 final score.  I lost 10 points for excessive use of force.  I question the penalties.  It was proportional, damn it!  God damned liberal media....

JasonPratt

I definitely need to finish the tutorials!

al_infierno

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 19, 2021, 03:03:20 PM
God damn these missions are hard!

I finally cracked the first one. A buddy and I played last night and it gave me a few ideas.  Solo'd it this morning and was able to beat the first level.   90/100 final score.  I lost 10 points for excessive use of force.  I question the penalties.  It was proportional, damn it!  God damned liberal media....

Out of curiosity, did you shut off the breaker, or find that it hindered more than helped?

- MengJiao