Pictures of Greatness!

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, June 14, 2012, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Martok on April 29, 2013, 12:44:28 PM
Don't make me swim to your house and force you to watch The Undiscovered Country and First Contact... 

First Contact was okay except for the total retconning of Zephram Cochrane. Final Frontier was by far the suckiest Trek movie. I almost walked out after the campfire scene and I almost vomitted after the Uhura dance on the sand dune. It took me a long time to forgive Shat that piece of sh!t. However, it did amuse me when Kirk argued with God. The two biggest egos in the universe (other than Star) having it out- classic!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

what does God need with a starship?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 29, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
I actually think First Contact and Voyage Home (IV) are the best ones. Undiscovered Country and WOK would be 4 and 3, respectively.
First Contact will always be my favorite, with The Voyage Home (VI) and Wrath of Khan (II) rounding out my top three.  Those three films are the ones I consider to be truly good. 

I found The Search for Spock (III) and The Voyage Home (IV) to both be fairly decent; they're #4 & 5 on my list, respectively.  (Heck, the former is worth watching just for the scene(s) where Kirk & crew conspire to steal the Enterprise; the scene where Sarek mind-melds with Kirk is pretty moving as well.) 

Generations and Insurrection are decidedly "meh". 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 29, 2013, 09:32:26 PM
you liked the whale movie!?

Hey I liked it too!  Environmental pontificating aside (which was annoying, yes), it was the funniest film out of the lot. 

Quote from: mirth on April 29, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Final Frontier was by far the suckiest Trek movie.
Then clearly you have not seen either the first or last movie (The Motion Picture and Nemesis). 

At least The Final Frontier has some elements of "so bad it's good", making it a guilty pleasure to watch.  In contrast, TMP and Nemesis are simply terrible, and have no redeeming value whatsoever. 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 29, 2013, 10:44:17 PM
what does God need with a starship?
Sir, not in front of the Klingons. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 29, 2013, 09:32:26 PM
you liked the whale movie!?

Sure did! It was full of great scenes like Checkov looking for the 'Nuclear Wessels' and Scotty trying to talk to the 1980's era computer using the mouse for a microphone. Or the scene where they scare off the whalers by decloaking right over their boat or classic lines like "Are you from space?" No, I'm from Iowa. I work in space." And many more...

Good stuff :)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

"One damn minute Admiral." 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Mr. Bigglesworth

Blah blah blah

Get off my Bridge!

Blah blah blah
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

eyebiter

Fell asleep in the theater during Star Trek Nemesis.  Yeah it was that bad.

mirth

Quote from: Martok on April 30, 2013, 03:47:56 AM
Quote from: mirth on April 29, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Final Frontier was by far the suckiest Trek movie.
Then clearly you have not seen either the first or last movie (The Motion Picture and Nemesis). 

At least The Final Frontier has some elements of "so bad it's good", making it a guilty pleasure to watch.  In contrast, TMP and Nemesis are simply terrible, and have no redeeming value whatsoever. 

I've seen them all. Nemesis was terrible, but it didn't have Spock singing 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' and it didn't have a fat Kirk free climbing El Capitan.  :o

TMP needed to be heavily edited and run about an hour shorter, but it did have elements of serious sci-fi to it. I liked Kirk's obsession with getting the Enterprise back and his rivalry with Decker (which tied in nicely to the original series episode "Doomsday Machine" with Commodore Decker).
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

back to pictures of greatness.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

LongBlade

Why am I not surprised Star likes a virgin on fire?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks like a milk carton with a bottle rocket.