ICBM - The Global Conflict (in development)

Started by ufnv, September 15, 2019, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Dumb question, I can't seem to find or understand how to run this in a browser:(  Any help would be great....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 18, 2019, 03:00:46 PM
Dumb question, I can't seem to find or understand how to run this in a browser:(  Any help would be great....

Something must be wrong on your end. I load it up and just click on the window and it runs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2019, 03:03:29 PM

Something must be wrong on your end. I load it up and just click on the window and it runs.

Well, that's the first problem, had no idea the top of the screen was clickable to actually play the game:)  Down the right side of the screens had links to files so confused me a bit.

Toonces

I played BRD a really, really long time ago.  Man alive those graphics caused physical pain.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Speedy

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2019, 11:13:18 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 18, 2019, 08:06:32 AM

UPDATE (March 12, 2019): In a minor miracle of technology, thanks to the folks at the Internet Archive, you can now play Bravo Romeo Delta in your Web browser.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Bravo_Romeo_Delta_1993

Very cool. I had not been able to get the game files to run on Win10. Thanks for posting this.

I got it running about 8-9 months ago using DOSbox https://www.dosbox.com/ and this youtube tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHUYK6-Tvc

Speedy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 18, 2019, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2019, 03:03:29 PM

Well, that's the first problem, had no idea the top of the screen was clickable to actually play the game:)  Down the right side of the screens had links to files so confused me a bit.

Ha what is this new fangled mouse thing you speak of, try arrow keys and keyboard shortcuts that are displayed on screen.

If you download the zip file from those links down the side that is the game you can then use that with DOSbox I linked above to play the game without need of internet.

ufnv

Let me hijack the thread :)

Here is the new video, that shows the technology tree of the game.

There are about 50 technologies, but you usually have time to discover only 25-30% of them, so it is important to make wise decisions to support your overall strategy.

ufnv

The development is progressing quickly, so I will soon need volunteers for the play tests. Anyone would like to try?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ufnv on September 29, 2019, 01:14:15 PM
The development is progressing quickly, so I will soon need volunteers for the play tests. Anyone would like to try?

sign me up

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ufnv on September 29, 2019, 01:14:15 PM

Would love to try it out here too!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ufnv

Thanks, I will send the PMs with the download link when it is ready (most likely, this week).

BTW, I've just finished my first game against the AI, the results are in the attached screenshot (I was playing for the NA).

Actually, I was caught off-guard, so after the first strikes I was on the last place with deep negatives. Luckily I have had several submarines in the good locations and also was able to protect several of my airports, so I have used my bombers after the enemies' infrastructure was mostly destroyed. My biggest mistake however was the attempt to "punish" the South America (they have attacked me first), so I've lost a number of bombers trying to break their air defence, while Russia and Europe were the easy targets for my air forces.

Huw the Poo

Looks good!  Although if you don't mind a suggestion, due to the various colours of the text and the background, I'd add a solid black background behind the final scores, and also commas in the large numbers for better readability.

ufnv

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 30, 2019, 10:28:55 AM
Looks good!  Although if you don't mind a suggestion, due to the various colours of the text and the background, I'd add a solid black background behind the final scores, and also commas in the large numbers for better readability.
Sure, thanks!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ufnv on September 30, 2019, 03:46:37 AM
Thanks, I will send the PMs with the download link when it is ready (most likely, this week).

BTW, I've just finished my first game against the AI, the results are in the attached screenshot (I was playing for the NA).

Actually, I was caught off-guard, so after the first strikes I was on the last place with deep negatives. Luckily I have had several submarines in the good locations and also was able to protect several of my airports, so I have used my bombers after the enemies' infrastructure was mostly destroyed. My biggest mistake however was the attempt to "punish" the South America (they have attacked me first), so I've lost a number of bombers trying to break their air defence, while Russia and Europe were the easy targets for my air forces.

Thanks!  Look forward to testing.