Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2019, 02:12:53 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 23, 2019, 01:35:48 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2019, 04:15:08 AM
Definitely worth your money, especially at 50% off for existing owners. The UI is much nicer.

Anyone know how long the 50% off existing owners will last on Steam? I don't have the $$ right now but do want to upgrade to the new edition later...but then I don't want to miss out on the discount. Thanks.

1) I bought CMANO on Steam, do I get a discount?
Yes, Steam will automatically offerCMO at a 50% discount for you. The discount is valid until January 31st 2020

Thanks GR....I can wait until after the holidays to get it on Steam.

Skoop

I hope tacview advanced has a 50% off sale, as it stands it's more than the price of the game.  Bundling it on steam made for a woping price with a meager bundle discount. 

Grim.Reaper

no idea if it will this holiday or not....over summer was 50% off and last xmas it went on sale 12/21 for 40% off...i guess we will see

Silent Disapproval Robot

Game keeps crashing on me at random intervals.

I get a red X in over the portion of the GUI where the map is displayed and my PC becomes very sluggish until I use the task manager to shut the game down.  I'm not sure but it seems to be related to ALT-TABing away from the game (which I do to load up podcasts).

Yskonyn

SDR I experienced this on my laptop as well and it always started when I tried to ALT-TAB to open a browser. The specs of the laptop are barely minimum for CMO so I just took it as overloading its capabilities.
But now that you post I do suspect the game does not like ALT-TAB.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dimitris

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 24, 2019, 12:01:34 AM
Game keeps crashing on me at random intervals.

I get a red X in over the portion of the GUI where the map is displayed and my PC becomes very sluggish until I use the task manager to shut the game down.  I'm not sure but it seems to be related to ALT-TABing away from the game (which I do to load up podcasts).

Make sure you're not running any other programs in parallel and especially "helper/tweaker" applets from hardware vendors (MSI in particular seems to hate us).
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Dimitris

Also, from your screenshot I see you are running in full-screen mode. It may be worth to switch to windowed mode (Alt+Enter or View --> Toggle full-screen/windowed) and see if the issue persists.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've fiddled around a bit and tried shutting down other programs that are running but I still get the red X from time to time.  It seems to occur more after I toggle to or from windowed mode.

IICptMillerII

CMO is one of the only games I have on my work laptop with me right now and I love it to death. A fantastic upgrade/improvement over CMANO in just about every way. And for me the Tacview integration is fantastic. Watching F-4 and Mig-21 models dogfight in the skies over Vietnam is a beautiful sight.

The only issue I have right now (aside from having precious little free time to fully invest in the game) is that when selecting a large airfield, the game slows down significantly. I think this is because the game just gets overwhelmed showing all of the ghosted airfield components (runways, hangars, bunkers, etc). This wasn't a problem for me in CMANO, so its likely some kind of optimization thing. A minor issue that I'm sure will be worked out. There have already been a number of updates/patches to the release, so I'm confident performance fixes/improvements are coming.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Still keeps crashing at random intervals.  I've tried posting on the Matrix forums but there's some stupid rule about only being able to post once every 7 days until you've got 10 posts.

Here's my exception log.

Redwolf

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 28, 2019, 08:01:44 PM
Still keeps crashing at random intervals.  I've tried posting on the Matrix forums but there's some stupid rule about only being able to post once every 7 days until you've got 10 posts.

Here's my exception log.

The person running the Matrix forums has a history of "interesting" decision making and experimental forum management that you see nowhere else.

Redwolf

There has been some fuzz about not being able to get the $40 discount based on the previous game ownership when CMAO was on Steam.

Worth clarifying that at this time you can get the $40 off based on CMAO ownership on Matrix' website and Steam both. You just can't cross over.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Skoop on November 23, 2019, 09:20:01 PM
I hope tacview advanced has a 50% off sale, as it stands it's more than the price of the game.  Bundling it on steam made for a woping price with a meager bundle discount.

Tacview was on sale, so I decided to get it. I have played CMANO with Tacview a few times now.

IMHO if CMANO is the only thing you will use Tacview for, it is not really worth it. It is nice. Tacview provides a nice window, with 3D terrain, and a 3D image of your assets. But that is pretty much all it does in CMANO (as far as I can tell). If the price was $10 or so, I say sure, get it. Tacview does make the interface nicer....  But it is not worth the $$$ they are asking.

I am certain Tacview can be very powerful for flightsim users...DCS jockeys and the like. But if you will only use for CMANO, IMHO you can save your money.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Grim.Reaper

Gosh darn it....I forgot to check for sales on Tacview:(  Hopefully on sale later this holiday.