Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICptMillerII

Just my 2 cents, but I would recommend it. I find the visualization you get with TacView is pretty great and adds to the overall experience. Plus, if you are really that bothered by the "no fog of war" thing right now, I believe Command has a record function that allows you to 'tape' whatever battle it is you're fighting. Then you can go back and review it later, and use TacView for the 3D visual and analysis. Personally I don't find the lack of fog of war to be a real issue, as the vast majority of stuff on the map is generally revealed already, though I do tend to play more modern engagements.

As others have also mentioned, you can use TacView with other flight sims as well. I don't think you'll end up regretting it if you get it. Worst case scenario you don't end up using it that much.

Yskonyn

Yeah, like the gazillion other games in your backlog.  O:-)  ;D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Redwolf

Well, I pounced on the bundle with tacview. Lessee how that goes.

Con

Anyone else having problems with the Database viewer since the last patch?

I suddenly am missing many common images I can see they should be there when I go to the platform info link but now its just a small x in the upper corner and no image.  I downloaded the new database from warfare sims but that doesn't seem to fix it either.

Con

Tripoli

Quote from: Con on February 03, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
Anyone else having problems with the Database viewer since the last patch?

I suddenly am missing many common images I can see they should be there when I go to the platform info link but now its just a small x in the upper corner and no image.  I downloaded the new database from warfare sims but that doesn't seem to fix it either.

Con

Con-I'm not aware of any problems.  I'm the lead for the team that does the images, and I haven't heard of a problem.  Not all platforms have images.  Can you give me sample list of some of the images you think you are missing, ie, Aircraft_1283, Ship_1234, etc?  I'll check and make sure that they are in the database (I own the master image database, as it literally comes from my computer so I can tell you if you are missing images that are in the latest release or not.)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Con

Great thanks

I am playing shifting sands
I would be happy to send you a screen shot of this if it helps (tge database viewer witht he small x in the upper corner)
The ones I have missing in this scenario are
#3522 MD.450 Ouragan Israel
#3525 Mirage IIICJ

Thanks
conrad

Tripoli

Conrad-Aircraft_3522 (MD.450 Ouragan Israel)is not yet in the database.  If you like, you can copy the image for "Aircraft_496" and rename it Aircraft_3522.  BE ADVISED: If you do, the game will not automatically updated with this image once we find a suitable image.  A work around for this can be found here (At post #562): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939&mpage=19&key=#   

Regarding CWDB aricraft "Aircraft_3525"  (Mirage IIICJ)  It is in the CWDB database.  If you aren't seeing it, it is probably because your database has not yet downloaded it.   The image is attached.  Just put it in your DB/Images/CWDB folder. 

If you have additional problems, post them to https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939&mpage=19&key=  I'm much more likely to see them there.

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Pete Dero

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

I know this would be easier to just Google, but I'm going to take the Gusington approach:

1.  Where can I find, or can anyone recommend, a good tutorial to get into developing scenarios?

2.  What's the deal with that pro version?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on April 21, 2020, 08:30:28 PM
I know this would be easier to just Google, but I'm going to take the Gusington approach:

1.  Where can I find, or can anyone recommend, a good tutorial to get into developing scenarios?

I've been running through this 33 video series to help pick up the system. The fourth video covers the scenario editor. I skipped over it, so not sure if it is what you're looking for.

For the pro edition details, look here:

https://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822

It sort of reminds me of VBS. The idea is great, but not really necessary, or practical for most, even hardcore gamers. They just don't need the flexibility to alter data models, the detailed analysis tools and the powerful integration, networking and communication features.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Sliterine just published a Scenario Design video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/605915845.  They also posted some tools associated with the video here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4804451#