Wall art for the new office

Started by Jarhead0331, May 25, 2020, 08:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Finally settled on some wall art for the new office. Took me awhile to find inspiration for the theme. Hard to make a final decision. I have only so much wall space.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Agreed!

The "Blade Runner" piece is good.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Con

Is that a generic wall to display art online for purchase or is that your actual office?

I somehow pictured it as an unholy mash up between the Godfather office and the DMZ zone

Toonces

Are you trying to decide among the three?  If so, the Apocalypse Now is the pick of the litter.  That is just awesome.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Really like the Apocalypse Now image but the Blade Runner pic is the winner for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on May 25, 2020, 10:33:45 AM
Is that a generic wall to display art online for purchase or is that your actual office?

I somehow pictured it as an unholy mash up between the Godfather office and the DMZ zone

No, those are generic walls. This is my office.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on May 25, 2020, 10:45:49 AM
Are you trying to decide among the three?  If so, the Apocalypse Now is the pick of the litter.  That is just awesome.

Not deciding. Bought all three!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Is that a pic of yourself on the left-hand monitor?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

^Yup. When I was just a little younger and leaner.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Nice.  I like all three, but that A.N. trio really speaks to me. 

Do we have a "post a pic of your office" thread?  If not, we should have one.  That's a pretty cool glimpse into your gaming studio.  Great library.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

Art should make you happy.  If it makes you happy - it is good art.

The "art" in my office is all comic book panels ranging from Jon Sable, Airboy, Skywof, Grimjack, Hydra, Batman, Dr. Strange, Rocketeer, Mr. Monster. Doc Savage, 9Jack9 from Zot, Liberty Project and Johnny Quest. 

Tpek

Do you have a non-home office?
As it doesn't look like a place to bring clients in.

Also, that's a lot of hardware.
A work computer (with 3 screens, on one of which you're reading fox news - including news about Israel :P) with a nearby laptop, and a gaming computer a couple of meters next to it.
Plus what appears to be a drone.

Jarhead0331

Yes. I clearly do not bring clients to this office.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Ok Jarhead, so I was thinking of you and this thread this afternoon.

Last night, totally inappropriately and spontaneously (and soberly) I bought myself a new watch:

Now I know what you're saying....what the heck does this have to do with this thread?  Well, why I bought this particular watch is because it's a re-issue of the 1970 Alsta Nautoscaph, famously worn my Richard Dryfuss's character "Hooper" in Jaws. 

Alright, now hold on to your nerd meter.  I'm totally grooving on this whole Jaws connection, so...I can't believe I'm admitting this....I'm going to get this print for my office:

:hide: