Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Chers Grognard(e)s,
Dear Grogheads,

After quite a few months of teasing and sweating, the time has finally come to unveil...

Most of you are quite familiar with this game already, as we have posted quite a few updates since last May. As such, this early tech demo might not impress you much, as it is made of a few shorter sequences you all know too well. Still, I think it is a pretty acceptable showcase of the work done so far, even though the reel being all about the tech, the actual gameplay shown in there is close to zero. :hide:

As you can see, beyond the eye candy and the tech under the hood, much – if not most of the work remains to be done. In that regard, I sincerely hope that we will be able to enjoy further the beautiful support the crowd in here has showed over the months. I would like to extend my particular thanks to MC for his invaluable help reviewing the contents of our website, now live and available at the following address :

We will try to maintain a regular devblog alive over there, the contents of which will find its way to this very topic in the tradition of our former posts (that one might still find in here). Still, smaller updates (small pics, sneak peeks, small gifs, etc...) will be posted on our new social media platforms on Facebook & Twitter. You might want to follow us there (and support us by growing the community! :hug:) by clicking on these banners:

Now the road is still long and the journey there is a hell of a trek (and that is still an optimistic thing to say), but I consider our team to be lucky to count you, ladies and gents, among our companions in arms of the first hour.

Thank you again for your support, and hopefully we will do what is needed and what is right not to disappoint you when the time to deliver finally comes.

Best,

Amiral & the Team.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Bravo!

Our loins are more moist than the Pacific for this one!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

steve58

Wait, you named it after yourself?  ::)  ;)

Looking forward it. O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

I for one welcome the advent of our new task force admiralords!  :bd: <:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Millipede

Oh damn! Oh damn! Oh damn!      I am waaaaay beyond moistened loins. :dreamer: <:-)

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 11, 2019, 12:38:56 PM
Bravo!

Our loins are more moist than the Pacific for this one!
Andrew, you need to be more specific there.  The Pacific is a big place.

Are your loins moistened like a frigid Aleutian ice storm, or are they moistened like the rotting, fecund swamps of the Solomons?

I just want to make sure I get the intended imagery...

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2019, 12:38:44 PM
Good luck, Admiral!

If they manage to do even about 5% of all this it will be a fantastic game.

Strela

Wow, wow, wow!!!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Admiral, so happy to finally see this officially announced and a thread you can call you're own!  :)

Congrats again!

David

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.