Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

The_Admiral

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 21, 2019, 11:25:41 PM
so something around the idea of a WW2 / Homeworld control?

Now that I am getting close to finally posting our second devblog post - that somewhat answers the central question of what this game is and isn't - I finally found a way to define it at the expense of my most excellent fellow game makers.

- The central gameplay plays like real-time Carriers at War on steroids (with much deeper carrier ops management);
- The C3i, Fog of War, narrative and main player interface plays like Radio Commander ;
- 3D environment is simulation-like, and will feel like Il-2 (better than 1946, more crude than BoX).

Mix all of this and you get Vol.1, pretty much  :crazy2:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Looks like things are proceeding quite well!

So I uh...assume this will be feature complete and bug free and released by Christmas....right?  So our wait it soon to be over, yeah?  I mean, how hard can it be.   ;)

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

The_Admiral

A new devblog update, ladies & gentlemen  :peace:
https://drydockdreams.games/2019/10/26/making-waves/

Well you people will learn nothing new, but there are a few pics of our new SBD, our Akagi, our Kaga (well, like on the TV!), our torpedoes and, last but not least, our new clouds. Let's say they... look pretty good  :dreamer:

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 24, 2019, 01:11:56 PM
Looks like things are proceeding quite well!

So I uh...assume this will be feature complete and bug free and released by Christmas....right?  So our wait it soon to be over, yeah?  I mean, how hard can it be.   ;)

You had me there. How did you know that we already planned on failing our Halloween release date and push everything back to Christmas? Who are your spies and how much do you pay them?  :knuppel2:

More seriously, I had that kind of guys over at Youtube. People telling us pretty much that I can shove that game up our collective butts for one reason or another (what, PACIFIC? what, US ONLY? what, SINGLE PLAYER ONLY? what, DID I FORGET THE MILK THIS MORNING?). It's nothing much, but as long as it is more than 1% of the total of likes (that is, 1,1% as we speak) it WILL bother my ego  :hide:

IronX

The models are very cool, but I think the environment is amazing. Perhaps the best I've seen.

besilarius

You're not going to please everyone, no matter what you include.  Do your best and it will be enough.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: The_Admiral on October 26, 2019, 02:52:45 PM

You had me there. How did you know that we already planned on failing our Halloween release date and push everything back to Christmas? Who are your spies and how much do you pay them?  :knuppel2:

More seriously, I had that kind of guys over at Youtube. People telling us pretty much that I can shove that game up our collective butts for one reason or another (what, PACIFIC? what, US ONLY? what, SINGLE PLAYER ONLY? what, DID I FORGET THE MILK THIS MORNING?). It's nothing much, but as long as it is more than 1% of the total of likes (that is, 1,1% as we speak) it WILL bother my ego  :hide:

Haha!  Yeah, you're going to get a lot of the "WHEN?" people so I just wanted to get on the early bird bus.  However much I want it "NOW" I'm sure I speak for all of us that we want you to take your time and do it right.

And I don't know why anyone would not be excited by what you're turning out.   I mean, much like Battlecruiser 3000AD this is the last thing I will ever desire. 

Don't let them discourage you.   You get my money the instant you ask for it.   
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

The_Admiral

Thank you Andrew  :notworthy:
Well yeah, haters gonna hate, nothing new there I s'ppose.
I am also surprised at the great reception in the Chinese community. I mean, our video as many hits over there than it did on Youtube. One more social outlet to take care of, geez  :hide:

In the meantime, we still have a game to make and that road is still long. I'll consider taking everybody's money once we'll have made sure we actually have some good gameplay to show in return  ::)

JasonPratt

Insert obvious joke here about wishing they could have fought the Japanese on the sea / slash / needing to study for using their new aircraft carriers soon!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

The_Admiral

Dear Forum,

I have been neglecting you a bit lately, as our numerous platforms have taken the mantle of spamming the rest of the internet with our stuff. Still, I thought you'd might enjoy a few screens for our upcoming videos.

We are currently working on the ship dodging AI, shipborne Flak, Dive-Bomber AI logic & visual effects. You're grown ups, I probably don't need to tell you what is happening before your eyes, do I? Enjoy  :peace:

(trying to host it directly from Twitter - does it work?  :hide:)

MOS:96B2P

[/quote]

- The C3i, Fog of War, narrative and main player interface plays like Radio Commander ;

[/quote]

This radio commander concept has a lot of potential if implemented with military dialog / radio procedures (or just reasonably close).  I look forward to seeing how this interesting concept can be used in a realistic/believable manner in this game.  The screenshots for Task Force look very cool.             

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

The_Admiral

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on November 02, 2019, 10:34:53 AM

This radio commander concept has a lot of potential if implemented with military dialog / radio procedures (or just reasonably close).  I look forward to seeing how this interesting concept can be used in a realistic/believable manner in this game.  The screenshots for Task Force look very cool.             
Thank you  :notworthy:

Quote from: besilarius on November 02, 2019, 10:52:38 AM
Here is a training film on dive bombing that might be useful.

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/DiveBombing.html

Thanks Besilarius

No worries, we have that covered, been using this one extensively - and some other sources - for the final result :)
Can't wait to see it in motion!