Main Menu

Pumped Up FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 23, 2020, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on October 23, 2020, 03:33:42 PM
Technical writing, aka writing product manuals nobody ever reads except when they're frustrated because the thing they bought doesn't work.  :D

Thankfully there's lots of demand for that in techy areas like Silicon Valley.  Worst case scenario, there are a bunch of temp contracts available, but I'd obviously prefer to find another stable employment with benefits...

Great. So when people complain that something reads like "stereo instructions", they have you to blame?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

:2funny:  Yep, but I like to think the readability of my instructions are closer to Lock n Load Tactical than Advanced Squad Leader, if you get my drift ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^You and me, we're the same.*

*in certain key ways

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Good song.

Picked up Emperor of the fading Sun so I'll probably spend the weekend trying to figure that game out.

I've got Dominions 5 and Field of Glory Empires PBEMs to play as well. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Myrmidon

Any Dominions 5 MP turns that roll through.  Other than that, finally got Field of Glory 2 working in Linux (Thank you Proton), so will be getting some MP games going with that perhaps. 

I see there's a DCS sale again... that is a game I've really wanted to get into, just haven't had the energy to try. 

Tripoli

Quote from: al_infierno on October 23, 2020, 02:04:40 PM
As for me, I left my job last week and accepted a "voluntary" severance package in what appears to be a COVID-related cost cutting measure.  Between that and my savings, I'll be able to live comfortably at least through most of 2021 before I really need a new job, but sooner is better of course.  Honestly, I'm pretty OK with how it turned out - I'd been fairly unhappy there from the start, didn't get along with my first manager at all, and my second manager was only marginally better, so I'm just glad they made me an offer instead of making up some bullshit excuse to can me outright.

I'm sorry for the job loss.  Best of luck on the job hunt.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

yeah I'm sorry to hear that al.  Hang in there man and keep praying.  You'll be back to work.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Well I just bought Phasmaphobia and I'm drunk on ale...let's go BYOTCHES

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2020, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 23, 2020, 09:11:02 AM
Video is not available in my country...what is it?

That there's no FRIDAY here, DST ending too, end of times, is it!? :o

Getting back to LnL's Nations at War and Tactical digital thingies, this weekend. Seems there been a few updates since I last played.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2020, 07:15:05 PM

...and he was never heard from again...

al_infierno

Thanks y'all  O0

Quote from: Father Ted on October 25, 2020, 05:41:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2020, 07:15:05 PM

...and he was never heard from again...

:DD
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

I ended up playing a lot of a game called Tales of Glory. It's basically Mount & Blade Bannerlord in VR. Pretty damn impressive and a heck of a work out too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18