Raised by Wolves

Started by Jarhead0331, September 30, 2020, 07:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Is anybody watching this one on HBOmax? I just started it yesterday and so far it's pretty engrossing. It's directed by Ridley Scott.

In a nutshell, earth has been destroyed in a war fought between atheists and a religious cult and the last survivors of both sides flee the planet to Kepler22, the only other planet known to support human life. The atheists get there first because they send androids with human embryos, whereas the cultists send an ark with grown humans in cryosleep.

One of the androids sent to protect the atheist human embryos is actually a reprogrammed cultist war machine known as a necromancer. Needless to say, she's crazy and kicks a lot of ass.

I don't want to give anything away, but so far it's visually appealing, the acting is great and the plot is very interesting.

You can get hbomax for free if you subscribe through various tv providers. I have verizon so the streaming service is free for me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

My wife watched the first episode of "Raised by Wolves" on Youtube and was hooked....

What came next was a frustrating search to find a way to get HBO Max with all of its programming, including "Raised by Wolves."

HBO Max is in a weird place with it's distribution.

We are Roku people. There is no HBO Max app on Roku yet, but you can sign up for HBO Max on Hulu.

Happy that we found a "solution," we were quickly disappointed to find that "HBO Max" in Roku Hulu does not have most of the HBO Max programming, including Raised by Wolves...

After reading up a bit on the problem, it appears HBO is in negotiations with Roku and several other streaming device providers to provide the full service..

So, unless my wife wants to watch "Raised by Wolves" on her computer screen, and she doesn't...we will just wait.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

It didn't help that HBO Go became HBO Max without telling anyone over the summer.

That said, I love Ridley Scott and the synopsis that JH posted above sounds like the most Ridley Scott tale ever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd